Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Con Seat Filters In 430

Having just replaced the cabin filter, I see in the handbook it talks about replacing the filters in the seats.

However, I can't even begin to match the instructions and pictures in the book with the car - there seems no way to get at them at all. It's a 2003 model, and is the right book for the car.

Has anyone ever done this, or is it a mistake in the book and not available on European models?

I'll ask Lexus UK in a day or two if nobody knows (and post the answer for reference).

Having just replaced the cabin filter, I see in the handbook it talks about replacing the filters in the seats.

However, I can't even begin to match the instructions and pictures in the book with the car - there seems no way to get at them at all. It's a 2003 model, and is the right book for the car.

Has anyone ever done this, or is it a mistake in the book and not available on European models?

I'll ask Lexus UK in a day or two if nobody knows (and post the answer for reference).

Hi

Sorry just saw this thread after talking about these on my thread, You can reach them through the little draw at the front of the seat, they just pull out, it was a bit hard to get them back in but if you raise the seat as high as it will go you can get to them from underneath.... anyway mine have been in nearly 7 years now and were very clean so you should be alright.

Pete

You star.

Thank you, I'll go and grovel about in the gravel to get at them at the next opportunity then. Just like to make sure they're ok, as I don't think the seat gets as warm as I'd like.

Mrs Dipstick often chooses to sit in the back on a cold morning because the electric seats warm up quicker and get more toasty! I just need to buy a peaked cap now.

You star.

Thank you, I'll go and grovel about in the gravel to get at them at the next opportunity then. Just like to make sure they're ok, as I don't think the seat gets as warm as I'd like.

Mrs Dipstick often chooses to sit in the back on a cold morning because the electric seats warm up quicker and get more toasty! I just need to buy a peaked cap now.

Hi

The filters have nothing to do with the seat heating, they are only for the cooling, the heating works through electric heating elements, like an electric blanket

Pete

If only I hadn't spent the afternoon loooking at Mercedes 320CDi's. Stop it head, you know heart will win.

Well, there's a thing. Strongly considering a Merc 320CDi estate for Mrs JellyBean, despite my great hatred of diesels. When I drove one, I was amazed. It really was awfully good.

Oh dear.

I'm going to have to test one now. It would be so *sensible* in comparison to the LS430.

My mate has just bought one against my advice I might add.... anyway 3 years old 38000 miles FMBSH....

So he's had it two weeks, lives in Hull, been working in Liverpool....

Getting high 30's to the gallon..... but......

Air con not working properly,

Throttle sticks when applying a little bit then all of a sudden frees up and you shoot forward.....

Passenger electric seat has stopped working

Soft close doors don't work, he didn't think it had them but the boot does so I guess the doors should....

So its booked in for them to be fixed, and he gets a petrol C class as a courtesy car.....

So the moral is if you like driving a Lexus..... drive one

If you fancy a Merc then get ready to try out every other car in the line up because you will spend a lot of time in a courtesy car

Now switch your head on FULLY and stick with what you know LOL

Pete

I thought they'd cracked the quality issues post 02, but that's worth knowing Pete. To be honest one of the big pulls for me (feeble this, don't laugh) is that I REALLY want adaptive cruise. I had a spin in a LS460 recently for the day (such nice dealers in Cambridge) and was sold on it - it's a brilliant gadget for me.

You can get distronic on a Merc for much less than adaptive on a Lex.

I thought they'd cracked the quality issues post 02, but that's worth knowing Pete. To be honest one of the big pulls for me (feeble this, don't laugh) is that I REALLY want adaptive cruise. I had a spin in a LS460 recently for the day (such nice dealers in Cambridge) and was sold on it - it's a brilliant gadget for me.

You can get distronic on a Merc for much less than adaptive on a Lex.

I know what you mean, but I think its too early in its life to have it without it pi**ing you off, the ones I've tried, and I have to say they were all Mercedes, were a bit too sensitive to traffic in other lanes unless you were going on a very straight piece of road, once a car nearly stood on its nose as there was a much slower car in the inside lane when we were going round a gentle right hand curve, so before you jump in, just have a good try of them to make sure its what you think it is....

Pete

Well I had a go with a Nissan one when it first came out, but that had a hiccup that meant it accelerated blindly into fog, which was enough to make your hair lively. And then a go with the one on the Honda Accord, which worked very well indeed, though the lane keep assist had a thing for passing lorries and would try to mate with their offside wheels. And then the LS460 one, which just worked all dandy.

It's even in a Mondeo now, for heaven's sake.

Thanks for the heads up though.

You star.

Hi

The filters have nothing to do with the seat heating, they are only for the cooling, the heating works through electric heating elements, like an electric blanket

Pete

I thought the heat for the front seats was just warm air blown through?, because they take ages to heat up, so I assumed it was air heated and not electrical?

Subsequent to my query I did some empirical testing using a temperature/velocity based verification methodology.

I have to say that, because if I said I'd stuck my hand between my thighs and felt for hot wind it might have been misinterpreted.

But I think the front seats puff actually. Book implies they do too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links