Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Is The Sat Nav Dvd?

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me where the Sat Nav DVD is located? We have only just bought our 2000 LS430 and love it. The dealer advised us that the disc was in the boot, but we have looked tonight and only found a filter, sorry to sound so stupid, but we don't have the Sat Nav Manual and the User Manual does not advise about the Lexus Sat Nav. I want to see what version of the Sat Nav we have, and maybe upgrade if anyone can tell me where I could buy this. Lexus in Swindon want £147 is this the price or can it be purchased cheaper.

Many thanks all Tina.

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me where the Sat Nav DVD is located? We have only just bought our 2000 LS430 and love it. The dealer advised us that the disc was in the boot, but we have looked tonight and only found a filter, sorry to sound so stupid, but we don't have the Sat Nav Manual and the User Manual does not advise about the Lexus Sat Nav. I want to see what version of the Sat Nav we have, and maybe upgrade if anyone can tell me where I could buy this. Lexus in Swindon want £147 is this the price or can it be purchased cheaper.

Many thanks all Tina.

Hi and welcome to the forum.... its good here

Sat nav is under the boot floor, you have a center piece that hides the spare wheel and two smaller side pieces, it is under the drivers side one, the panel is held in with two clips, take the panel out and you will see a silver box with a black front, it is bolted in position with two 10mm bolts, remove spanner from toolkit on the other side of the boot and remove the bolts. DO NOT DROP THEM THEY WILL RATTLE FOREVER. you can then, just about, lift the front edge of the dvd up enough to press the eject button (with ignition on) and the disc will pop out

Go to this web site for a new one, they are very quick at delivering and it will be much cheaper than Lexus, you need the numbers off the disc you have to get the right one.

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

The new disc is a massive improvement over the old one

Good Luck

Pete

Many thanks all Tina.

Thank you Pete that is great, a job for my husband in the morning then. I did actually find this website so will key in the part no. tomorrow. Do you know if the new disc advises on safety cameras or is this not available on this Sat Nav system. Again many thanks

Kind Regards Tina

Many thanks all Tina.

Thank you Pete that is great, a job for my husband in the morning then. I did actually find this website so will key in the part no. tomorrow. Do you know if the new disc advises on safety cameras or is this not available on this Sat Nav system. Again many thanks

Kind Regards Tina

Haylands is completely correct in his statement re sat nav disc location. I have owned an old and new shape LS430 and updated BOTH sat nav discs. Unfortunately Lexus don't cover camera hot spots. The only thing i would suggest is that you mark the points where the cameras are and then get the sat nav to indicate / sound a tone when you approach them.

Be careful when you remove the 2 10mm bolts (by using the spanner provided or a posidriver, also provided) as you have to lift the lever towards the rear bumper upwards and then slide the door on the disc drive and press eject. Make sure there is sufficient room for the disc to be ejected as it could catch the metal at the side of where the spare wheel sits.

Not wanting to rant and rave but be careful also when you push the lever back as the holes have to align to enable the 2 10mm nuts to be put back. Otherwise you could cross thread them. Try not to use too much force also.

Having read this back it does sound difficult to do but i can assure you its not.

Good luck.

Totally agree with Neal, it sounds complicated but its not its just a bit fiddly....

Unfortunatly as Neal says speed cameras cannot be added to this system, I have fitted a Parrot CK3400 LS GPS Bluetooth Handsfree Car Kit, it is a voice activated Bluetooth car kit with built in GPS, I use a Nokia N73 with Tomtom 6 satnav with spoken speed camera alerts, basically it connects to the phone at start up, then switch the phone to Tomtom and the speed camera warnings are called out to you through the cars speakers, it is an excellent piece of kit.

Details here

http://www.fonejuice.co.uk/products/produc...CFQxcQgodaCIzfA

You may get one cheaper on eBay....

Pete

...and as another alternative I use a Talex Lite (now made by Novus, and called the Novus Rider).

Not a satnav, just a box you leave plugged in. It simply tells you about speed cameras, and (repeatedly) warns you to slow down if you are over speed. Also tells you about accident black spots, all in a clear voice. It need only be in the car somewhere (doesn't care much about being near a window), costs about £70 and database updates are free for life.

Brilliant bit of kit you need do nothing with whatsoever. If you WANT to look at it it shows you your speed, but I don't bother. I have it tucked down by the driver's seat with the power cable hidden, and plugged into the socket in the back of the car.

...and as another alternative I use a Talex Lite (now made by Novus, and called the Novus Rider).

Not a satnav, just a box you leave plugged in. It simply tells you about speed cameras, and (repeatedly) warns you to slow down if you are over speed. Also tells you about accident black spots, all in a clear voice. It need only be in the car somewhere (doesn't care much about being near a window), costs about £70 and database updates are free for life.

Brilliant bit of kit you need do nothing with whatsoever. If you WANT to look at it it shows you your speed, but I don't bother. I have it tucked down by the driver's seat with the power cable hidden, and plugged into the socket in the back of the car.

Dipstick,

I had a look at that one a while ago but it was only warning about fixed gatso's truvello's etc and not warning about mobile sites, does it now warn you of them?

Pete

Yes Pete, it does do mobile cameras as well as fixed - "warning, possible mobile camera ahead, limit 60 miles per hour, reduce speed" etc etc - mine always has in fact, and had it about a year.

Also red light cameras I think but don't go through those often so not sure, and as above, occasional accident black spots (which can be useful to know on an unfamiliar road and there's a crossroads round the corner or something).

Yes Pete, it does do mobile cameras as well as fixed - "warning, possible mobile camera ahead, limit 60 miles per hour, reduce speed" etc etc - mine always has in fact, and had it about a year.

Also red light cameras I think but don't go through those often so not sure, and as above, occasional accident black spots (which can be useful to know on an unfamiliar road and there's a crossroads round the corner or something).

OOOOh that sounds good. thanks I will go and do some gooooogling.....

Pete

Nah, that's old stuff. Go to the Novus website, and look at the Novus Rider. Same kit, different box.

I mailed Novus and asked them specifically this question, and they confirmed it was the same unit (they took over Talex), and that the updates on the Novus site work with the Talex units, and are free for life.

I do not condone or support copying, but has anyone tried copying the sat nav disks? nudge nudge wink wink? :whistling:

:tomato:

Yes I have. I copied the new one I bought and was going to use the copy and keep the expensive original just in case, anyway it seemed to work fine for some time then it came up with a "check disc" message now and again on start up, it cleared and worked fine by just restarting the engine but I got fed up and used the original. Its a duel layer DVD and it was the first time I'd tried to copy one so it may have been me....

Pete

Go to this web site for a new one, they are very quick at delivering and it will be much cheaper than Lexus, you need the numbers off the disc you have to get the right one.

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

The new disc is a massive improvement over the old one

Good Luck

Pete

Hi Pete

I ordered this and received it via the link you provided, cheers for that.

I actually received 3 dvd's, one each for Northern, Western and Central Europe.

Is that what they sent you?

Obviously the Western Europe disc is applicable for my car (2002 LS430) and being as I'm highly unlikely to drive in the other areas the extra 2 discs are pretty redundant.

You didn't mention them in your original post so just wondered if you got them as well.

I paid 159 euros and delivery is very good, I think they use DHL'S quickest method.

When I bought my 2004 LS430 from a Lexus main dealer last September, part of the deal I struck with them was to replace the DVD witn the most up to date one. I know they have done this because when you press the dvd button, it says the year of the disc is 2007. I don't have any other dvd discs with it though as other people seem to have 3 of them for Europe. Should the dealer have given me two other discs as well or is the system different from the older shape LS430?

Hi Pete

I ordered this and received it via the link you provided, cheers for that.

I actually received 3 dvd's, one each for Northern, Western and Central Europe.

Is that what they sent you?

Obviously the Western Europe disc is applicable for my car (2002 LS430) and being as I'm highly unlikely to drive in the other areas the extra 2 discs are pretty redundant.

You didn't mention them in your original post so just wondered if you got them as well.

I paid 159 euros and delivery is very good, I think they use DHL'S quickest method.

Hi.

The one I got was last years disc and as I said it had just about filled up a duel layer dvd so I suppose this years was too big and they have split it up, stick the other two on eBay you never know.....

Glad your sorted, do you still like the car, mine is in being repaired at the moment (see thread Lexus v Discovery) and I am missing it....

Pete

When I bought my 2004 LS430 from a Lexus main dealer last September, part of the deal I struck with them was to replace the DVD witn the most up to date one. I know they have done this because when you press the dvd button, it says the year of the disc is 2007. I don't have any other dvd discs with it though as other people seem to have 3 of them for Europe. Should the dealer have given me two other discs as well or is the system different from the older shape LS430?

Hi

Yes they are different, the later one had various new features, if you have the later one and look on youtube someone has put a video on how to disable the "can't use it on the move" feature so your passenger can use it, would be handy for me but it doesn't work with the older version...

Pete

Hi.

The one I got was last years disc and as I said it had just about filled up a duel layer dvd so I suppose this years was too big and they have split it up, stick the other two on ebay you never know.....

Glad your sorted, do you still like the car, mine is in being repaired at the moment (see thread Lexus v Discovery) and I am missing it....

Pete

Yep still the think the car is great, had it a year now so warranty has just expired.

Couple of minor issues which were covered with no hassle whatsoever.

When I was looking to buy I did slightly prefer the 04+ model but my budget wouldn't stretch to it.

Hence I've added the clear rear light clusters and the larger 18" wheels.

Bad luck with the accident hope you get it all sorted to your satisfaction.

I wouldn't worry too much about the other two discs to be honest.

From what I can see the 'West' disc contains pretty much everything that is on the 'Central' one bar data for Germany.

The 'North' disc would be for use in Scandanavia, so unless you're planning a trip to the Nurburgring or to somewhere very cold you're probably not missing out on much :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links