Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eye Brows Or Angel Eyes?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an awesome link, cheers for that, they make it look so easy!

The other thing was that I've always read on here to scrape all the old glue out and then reseal - but they're saying to leave the old glue and reset in the oven.............has anyone done this? Obviously it seems a lot easier, but does it seal as well? I guess if they sell them like that it must work :)

Dont forget, a proffessional doing something for the hundredth time will always make it look easy!!

Original glue should be fine so long as you make sure it is tightly in all the places it should be.

I hate that phrase 'its still a....' . You could describe any car like that.

I think youl find that a 500 brake evo would beat a supercar, as proven on topgear a while back. I can assure you mine does suprise the F*** out of porsches and ferraris. Im in no doubt that they will beat me hands down in every respect, but when your driving a 80k supercar your not willing to go quite as far as someone in a £500 nova, just in case you do ****** up.

Where can i get me one of these £500 Ferrari suprisers? Trouble is, by now most Novas have been long since scrapped. Not even the 17 year old chav boy-racers want them anymore. :crybaby:

Could someone please PM me if/when the "SUPERNOVA" thread apears, i'd love to see that it!

Oh, and it was an FQ400 on Top Gear that kept up with the lambo, not 500.

I hate that phrase 'its still a....' . You could describe any car like that.

Yes but it just doesnt sound the same when you say it about a 80k supercar does it :whistling:

Im in no doubt that they will beat me hands down in every respect, but when your driving a 80k supercar your not willing to go quite as far as someone in a £500 nova, just in case you do ****** up.

Personally i think this makes you sound like a NOOB! Why do you need to go "quite as far" as anyone in a 80k supercar?? What does someone in an 80k supercar have to prove to some chav in a shed.... sorry a Nova!

Tom.

WOW.....

Not sure how i missed this thread!

Personally I think Angel eyes look superb on not just BMWs but on others makes too - but then I can be a smug :tsktsk: because I do have angel eyes and they are on my BMW.... :lol: Not a great fan of those Audi style eyebrows but I have not seen them in real life so I will reserve judgement.

Not quite sure why loggyboy feels the need to express his opinion is such a way as to antagonise other members. My philosophy for internet forums is to be polite and be prepared to say whatever I type to some ones face - no hiding behind a keyboard.

I am also very interested in this performance Nova - it must have a great power to weight ratio being that it would principally be made out of tin with the stereo being the heaviest thing. Like others have said; supercar owners would not waste time with a Nova. Could we have a list of Mods????

@DJ Wozza – I like your new Avator, it does seem appropriate ;)

@Geoffers – Calm down, never seen you get so worked up on LOC!

For those who care.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=48867

Not quite sure why loggyboy feels the need to express his opinion is such a way as to antagonise other members. My philosophy for internet forums is to be polite and be prepared to say whatever I type to some ones face - no hiding behind a keyboard.

I am also very interested in this performance Nova - it must have a great power to weight ratio being that it would principally be made out of tin with the stereo being the heaviest thing. Like others have said; supercar owners would not waste time with a Nova. Could we have a list of Mods????

Id happily tell anyone the honest truth of what i feel about their car (if they asked me).

And it doesnt even have a stereo.

Fair play for posting up your thread.

No one has a problem with you posting up your opinion, you are just as entitled to have your opinion as are others.

Provoking & iritating other members does really have a negative effect however, so hopefully in the future a tiny bit of

caution will mean that can be avoided.

• 2 weeks later...
Ahh, cheers mate, well that's that part sorted then! Just gotta figure out the taking the headlight apart part! Think I need to get hold of some cheap broken ones to practice first.......

All you need is an oven mate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-q0SVALfus - clicky

That's an awesome link, cheers for that, they make it look so easy!

The other thing was that I've always read on here to scrape all the old glue out and then reseal - but they're saying to leave the old glue and reset in the oven.............has anyone done this? Obviously it seems a lot easier, but does it seal as well? I guess if they sell them like that it must work :)

yes i have done it - I actually had to do 3 sets of lights in an afternoon when i converted my lights to LHD - first LHD set turned out to be RHD :tsktsk:, second set had broken brackets and 3rd set had dirty lenses.

so lets say i have a bit of experience now - i have not used any other sealant except the original, i put the light in the oven at 100C for about 20 mins - you will need gloves as it will be hot! Have a good look at the light beforehand and look at all the tabs holding the light together. Once out of the oven use a screwdriver and bend up the tabs at the widest end of the light and work towards the narrow end - you need to be fairly quick also.

once the lens is removed i quickly push as much sealant towards the edge of the lens and on the housing I push as much into the groove - you can heat it up again if required.

to reseal put the housing back in the oven to soften the glue and the plastic tabs put the lens back and really push the lens into the groove to get a good seal all round.

I did this about just under 6 months ago and have had no probs at all.

so now i have 2 sets of RHD lights sitting here collecting dust. due for bin soon i think.

oh and as for angel eyes or brows - i would say none.

• 2 weeks later...

• 8 months later...

I'm thinking about angel eyes seen as how I'm pulling my lights apart to paint them black inside anyway. I've seen some pics with both the angel eyes and the paint job done and they look much better than just the angel eyes on the standard light.

• 2 months later...
I'm thinking about angel eyes seen as how I'm pulling my lights apart to paint them black inside anyway. I've seen some pics with both the angel eyes and the paint job done and they look much better than just the angel eyes on the standard light.

do you have a picture of the insides in black?

and what would you use, standard black heat resistant paint?

Dude both the angle eyes and the brows look cool to me. But id go with the brows if the choose was down to me. I'v already got some kind of lip of ligth at the bottom of my headlight i'l take some pics tonight when its gets dark and post the pictures tomorow so you can have a look. Also what body kit is on that red one at the start of the very tasty might be intrested in one of those for mine!?!

Hey you three NEWBEEs.. check dates before posting! this thread is a year old!

Inflames posting was relevant.......and infact the last post is only just over 2 months old

Don't forget you too were once a newbie :whistling: