Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo Mk 2 Rear Steering Rack Problem

Anees

Hi guys,

I have been complaining about the backend of my Aristo being jumpy and feeling bouncy at motorway+ speeds. I finally took the car to my mates garage yesterday for a once over to check bushes, ball joints etc and everything seemed fine apart from when he grabbed the rear wheels and tried to shake them forward and back towards him their was movement.

I did the shaking while he had a look and it looked like I had play coming from either the rack itself or the rack ends. After taking off the joint covering rubber we could see the play in the rack end - it was moving while the wheels were shaken from side to side. Apparently their should be no side to side movement.

So I need some Aristo Mk 2 Rear Steering Rack Rack-ends.......

Are these going to be a Toyota only part or can I get some third party replacements?

Would a UK dealer be able to get these?

Anyone know the part no?

I showed him the Toms Canceller Bar that Dave sells, but he said that even with that bar it still connects to the existing rack ends, so either way I would need them.

Thanks,

Anees

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got chance to go to Toyota today :)

They printed out the attached diagram.

Apparently the Rack ends are only available as part of the rack and not on their own!

A new Rack is almost £3000!! :o

Surely the rack ends must be available seperately? The parts person said that their were two types - Type A and Type B. I need Type B and they are not listed as seperate from the Rack!

Not sure what to do now.........

post-6585-1205451510.jpg

Best option at the moment seems to be to replace the rear rack with the Toms ARS Cancel bar and then get the Type A rack ends (which are available seperate) to fit to the Canceller bar. I am hoping these will fit, otherwise it seems stupid of Toms to release the product.

What are the downsides to not having the ARS?? Is it on all the time at low speeds? I've never really noticed it.....

The advantages should be great cornering speed and hi speed stability....

Anees

Best option at the moment seems to be to replace the rear rack with the Toms ARS Cancel bar and then get the Type A rack ends (which are available seperate) to fit to the Canceller bar. I am hoping these will fit, otherwise it seems stupid of Toms to release the product.

What are the downsides to not having the ARS?? Is it on all the time at low speeds? I've never really noticed it.....

The advantages should be great cornering speed and hi speed stability....

Anees

If you take a sharp bend at anything under 30mph you will get this strange weird "feeling" through the car where the ARS will keep the back of the car stable.

At high speeds I can hardly tell the difference - it also seems to help with the turning circle...with it cancelled you will avoid the cost of replacing it (over £1000) and will have a slightly larger than normal turning circle - other than that I don't really think it'll affect you much.

It's the weakest point in the car when the car is tuned for higher power than stock :).

• 1 month later...

Got a Toms Cancellor Bar from Prolex-UK and some new Rackends from Toyota (which I was hoping fit!) and THEY DO FIT! :D

Hope to get this probem fixed by next week, assuming that the existing track-rod ends connect onto the newer type Tie-rods I have! :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links