Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Will Not Start

Parked up on Friday, went to start it on Saturday and it was completely dead.

Battery it seems had packed up completely.

Fitted a new Battery and it will not start. Everything operates, engine turns over quickly but not as much as a cough.

Is there something I should do? As the Battery has been totally disconnected do I have to reset something? I have tried locking and opening the car several times ( even with the key in). I have floored the throttle in case it has flooded but nothing. I need help quick or I do not get to work tomorrow!!!!!!

Yes, leave the key in the ignition and turn it to the 2nd position (the one where all the dash lights come on) for 6 mins, then it will start

There is a God and a Lexus Guru and I am not sure who to thank the most. Car fired up immediately, brilliant.

Question perplexing me now is ;- Why 6 mins?

Many many thanks.

Peasoup 39

It just is. Perhaps it's 5 minutes, but we're told to count 6 just to make sure!

Stops someone hacking the immobiliser I suppose. Gotta sit there like a lemon for 6 minutes before it'll go anywhere.

Yes, leave the key in the ignition and turn it to the 2nd position (the one where all the dash lights come on) for 6 mins, then it will start

There is a God and a Lexus Guru and I am not sure who to thank the most. Car fired up immediately, brilliant.

Question perplexing me now is ;- Why 6 mins?

Many many thanks.

Peasoup 39

No worries dude :)