Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Flow Or Fuel Problem

Hi all. My car has been in the garage for the last few days. When on the motorway i have been noticing a lack of performance. All of a sudden last weekend it seemed to go totally flat. It went to the garage and had a new air filter and apparently the fuel filter is in the tank. The ECU says all clear.

When i accelerate gently it is not too bad. As soon as i put my foot down hard whatever gear it feels really as though there is no fuel or air. Tick over seems fine. Any ideas? I think it is air intake related what sensors are there?

no air meter on the IS only a manifold pressure sensor

Hi thanks for your input. Can you confirm that if the manifold sensor was faulty that it would show up in the ECU with an error code? If that is the case then it sounds like it must be the CAT as there is no error in the ECU - thanks again.

no air meter on the IS only a manifold pressure sensor

Hi thanks for your input. Can you confirm that if the manifold sensor was faulty that it would show up in the ECU with an error code? If that is the case then it sounds like it must be the CAT as there is no error in the ECU - thanks again.

Yes it would show error code if sensor was not working.

3 cats in total, 1 main under the car, 2 pre-cats in the manifold, it was one of the pre-cats that went on mine, at times when running the car (when i didn't know what was wrong) it would sort of be missing, hard to rev, at 1st i thought it was a spark plug.