Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie With Alloy Problems

Ian430

Hi

I've just joined today and I'm absolutely over the moon with my Lexus. However....

I have a 2005 LS430 which a bought from Lexus Leeds in June 2007 with 21500 miles on the clock. Shortly after taking delivery I noticed a number of small areas of blistering on each of the alloy wheels. This was reported to the dealer who responded very quickly and replaced all for wheels under warranty. Great service!

Unfortunately I have now noticed small blisters appearing on two of the replacement wheels which are only about 7 months old. Whilst the car is under warranty until October 2008 I'm sure I can get them replaced again but can't help but wonder just how long the second replacements will last?

I'm wondering if I anyone else has had problems with "rusty" alloy wheels?

Welcome to the club mate :D

I'm sorry to say that nearly every model of lexus that i've seen has the same problem with the wheels flaking and peeling even though some seem to last longer than others but i would go and get them replaced again and maybe you'll get some better ones this time round?? :unsure:

Thanks Aztecbandit1.

The dealer told me last time that it was a common fault but I suppose I really expected a quality motor manufacturer to get to grips with something as basic as this and get it sorted pdq.

Anyway I suppose I shouldn't complain - it's still under warranty.

Having owned an LS430 old AND new shape my wheels were fine and lasted until i sold them. Bought a new IS250 and yes, you guessed it 6 months later 2 wheels starting blistering / flaking. Consulted dealer and all 4 were changed under warranty.

Take it back to your dealer mate and demand 4 new ones. If they give you some bull about back order then make sure your reg is put on the list and keep ringing them over a set period of time (unless they ring you 1st that is) Good luck :crying:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links