Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

5th Gear Dont 4get

missed it a mate at work told me that it was on is it repeated later in the week or is it on youtube

its just starting now,quick stick channel 5 on!!!

Well that wasn't too bad apart from the beeping flappy paddles. I was expecting it to get slagged off royally for not being an M3 but it came out rather well didn't it? What will Clarkson and Co reckon I wonder...

Looked crap in white though.

Clarkson gave it a good report on top gear web site, it was a toss up between white or the grey when I ordered, Thought white might have been a bit over the top so to be safe ordered the grey, hope I chose right one,let you know in a few weeks

To get Tiff's approval, the car must be pretty good - but I've gotta say that bleep would really annoy me too! There has to be a way to disable it! And I can't see any reason for it - ok don't let the gear change down, but there's no need to keep beeping............

And I think the reason for the autobox is so it's just as quick as a standard sequential manual, but can also slip into luxury cruiser mode as well, which in my opinion is a better compromise as most of the time on the road you're just driving around normally.........

Will it be Plato or Tiff ?

It's going to be Tiff.

I met Tiff when I was at the qualifying for the British GP at Silverstone in 2006, I was given a FREE ticket and I had VIP access it was wicked.

Anyway, I sat with Tiff for a while and asked Tony Jardin if he ever saw Lexus doing hardcore Performance, he said NO it won't happen.

Put it this way, from my inside informations this is going to be the worst review of the lot, I hear it will only get better as we see other tests on Top Gear etc!

Iv met Plato & couldnt contain myself lol :blush:

Didnt mean he was guna drive it just i was guna get 2 thrills in 1 show :whistling:

Am I the only one who thought that review was rubbish!?!?

Don't get me wrong: Tiff is an amazing driver but all we got was about a 3-4 minute section with lots of "oofs" and "yeahs" but precious little information - no real details of the fairly amazing speed of the tiptronic gear changes.

I felt the same about the GTR review last week: one of the most technically amazing cars to be build and all we got was Plato gurning "I like it".

They spend 3 minutes on important car reviews and ten minutes on Plato massaging his ego by beating Vickery in a time trial. (you're a professional race driver - OF COURSE you're going to beat him!?! Let's see how you do in the pack against the All Blacks and then see how smug you are!)

chuh

I love Top Gear - but it's not really a car review show anymore - it's solid entertainment. There doesn't seem to be proper car review shows on anymore.

I want one. I want one. I want one.

(Even thou the review wasn't that great!)

Would my local dealer do a part-ex?

I'll give them my Supercharged 200, my Celica, my R6, my girlfriend and... erm... a kidney?

Is that enough? I don't have anything else!!!

Yeah gotta agree with that, although to me it seemed as though the test ended really abruptly, kinda faded out as though there was more to the test but they cut it short..........

Yep seamed to be a bit of an anti climax ....all you had was that tiff toff showing you how much he could power slide the bloody thing....i wanted to know a bit more about the important stuff rather than tiff trying to make himself look the muts nuts.....same as the GT-R all you get is 3 mins of them being *****... show me the car inside and out,what the brakes are like ,the engine,stopping power,inside info on why and how they built it.....

:offtopic:

not really on topic, but i just came back from the sheffield wednesday game and passed Lexus Sheffield. parked bang outside the entrance door was a brand new white M3. im 99.9% sure it was an M3 as it looks far more aggressively styled than any of the new 3 series ive seen

how much of the urban legend intro was true? (built by bored passionate Lexus engineers after hours)

I was thinking the same thing - I'm sure the IS-F started life as a spreadsheet that justified whether it was economical to go forward with the project!

Yeah gotta agree with that, although to me it seemed as though the test ended really abruptly, kinda faded out as though there was more to the test but they cut it short..........

I watched the review last night, just fast forwarded through all the rubbish beforehand and was singularly unimpressed with Tiff's piece. It was so wishy-washy, no real judgement, just a continuous moan about the beeping. The problem with all of these "shows" is that they always drive the car on the limit and I doubt something like the IS-F will ever be driven like that. It's not a track-day car for god's sake, it's a performance saloon. At least Jezza will have an opinion if and when he tests it for TG.

The only good thing about 5th gear was VBH, but she looks like she's starting to let herself go a bit as well...

the "beep" is also in the is300 and i know how he feels, it gets anoying when trying to down shift a gear and u hear that bloody beep.....

cant wait to c one is the flesh though, engine sounds awesome.

My Aristo does it as well..............to prevent engine over reving

Same in the new GS.

:offtopic:

not really on topic, but i just came back from the sheffield wednesday game and passed Lexus Sheffield. parked bang outside the entrance door was a brand new white M3. im 99.9% sure it was an M3 as it looks far more aggressively styled than any of the new 3 series ive seen

What's your point, that after watching Fifth Gear the M3 owner wants to swap his M3 for an IS F?

Well I woudn't be surprised!

LOL

the "beep" is also in the is300 and i know how he feels, it gets anoying when trying to down shift a gear and u hear that bloody beep.....

cant wait to c one is the flesh though, engine sounds awesome.

My Aristo does it as well..............to prevent engine over reving

Same in the new GS.

Hmmm, does the new IS do it too? Can't remember if I thrashed it hard enough when I last had one to even cause a beep though :whistling:

crap review but at least it was positve.

those bleeps can be disabled i bet!... engine sound was awesome.

No doubt you can disable the bleeps....

BUT regardless of beep no beep you will not be able to change down as the revs are to high...............

unless you disable the whole thing and blow the engine up :whistling:

For what its worth if thats all he can moan about then the cars a good un :winky: