Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi guys,my air con stopped working a few months ago and after checking it seems their is no pressure in the system,does anybody know if this will actually stop the pump from working as when i switch the air con on the pump does not seem to be running as their is no change in engine revs or noise from the pump(ime hoping it will start working again when it is regassed)

The compressor won't work if the pressure is below a certain level, you can "hot wire" the compressor to make it work, but it's not a good idea. When you get it regassed if they do the job properly they should let it sit for about 15 / 20 minutes with a vacuum to ensure there are no leaks. Some places will put a dye in so if it does leak you know where. It could be some of the O rings dried out if the AC wasn't used, AC should be run for a minimum of ten minutes a week to lubricate everything.

• 11 years later...

hi just had mine regassed 70 quid,only to find theres a leak in the condenser rad ,so look for green sticky stuff in the corners mosty of condenser rad ,u can pick a c/rad up on eBay nissen make,from 89.00 to skys the limit. that's a 2006 lexus gs 300.expensive coolness