Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Question

Hi All,

Been looking around the forum and so far I like what I have read about the RX400h. I'm looking at replacing my current 05 Espace (that my wife uses for the school run) which gets about 19mpg (2.2 Diesel Auto) and been as low as 17mpg with the RX. My only concern is that the rear seats will not accommodate the 3 car seats that I require, I have 3 kids, 2,5 and 7.

Does anyone else have 3 child seats in the rear? If not, could someone measure the width of the seats? If it's about 120cm I might be in luck! :D

Thanks

Novco

The child seat fixings are "isofix" so it will depend on if there are two or three fixings on the seat.....you need some kind owner to look in the owners manual for you.............

Best regards David

The child seat fixings are "isofix" so it will depend on if there are two or three fixings on the seat.....you need some kind owner to look in the owners manual for you.............

Best regards David

Hi David,

Thanks for the response, looks like I'm going to have to visit a dealer.

Cheers

Afraid I think you will struggle to get 3 child seats in the back. It is a problem with all SUV's I know people had the same issues with ML's and Range Rovers. How tall is your eldest? Only thought is if that they are over 140cm they don't legally need a booster.

Afraid I think you will struggle to get 3 child seats in the back. It is a problem with all SUV's I know people had the same issues with ML's and Range Rovers. How tall is your eldest? Only thought is if that they are over 140cm they don't legally need a booster.

Hi Damer,

I thought as much, my eldest only 120cm :(

Thanks

Nov

This is really a question of seat size and design, you don't need to have isofix car seats, a friend of mine has 3 seats across the back of a xsara picasso, it's tight but can be done.

As the Lex has 3 seatbelts in the rear, you can put three seats in, if they physically fit. I've only got two in mine, both fitted via seat belts, not isofix. There is a gap in the middle that my wifes bum fits in, so you might get lucky, but you would have to try it.

Cheers

Jon

Please don't take this wrongly I do not wish to offend anyone but.....if you have isofix in your vehicle it would be foolish not to use them.....seriously they provide an infinity better solution to child restraints than adult belts. Of course if you already have child seats that are not isofix then of course they can be used but how much is your childs safety worth?

Sorry I sound like a zealot, but I work in the industry and know exactly what happens during tests.....let alone on the road with all the variables thrown in!

Best regards David

Please don't take this wrongly I do not wish to offend anyone but.....if you have isofix in your vehicle it would be foolish not to use them.....seriously they provide an infinity better solution to child restraints than adult belts. Of course if you already have child seats that are not isofix then of course they can be used but how much is your childs safety worth?

Sorry I sound like a zealot, but I work in the industry and know exactly what happens during tests.....let alone on the road with all the variables thrown in!

Best regards David

Absolutely agree here - chucked all my old seats when got Isofix - they fit like rock.

The crucial thing here is to assess your eldest in the middle seat - take him/her to the dealer and assess the belt fitting - the minimum height to go without a booster is 135cm I think, but at the rate kids grow you may not have to wait long!

Its all a question of timing - when to buy, how big will kids be for the duration of ownership....I too have three and eventually will have to buy a HGV

Bladgb

Best regards David

Absolutely agree here - chucked all my old seats when got Isofix - they fit like rock.

The crucial thing here is to assess your eldest in the middle seat - take him/her to the dealer and assess the belt fitting - the minimum height to go without a booster is 135cm I think, but at the rate kids grow you may not have to wait long!

Its all a question of timing - when to buy, how big will kids be for the duration of ownership....I too have three and eventually will have to buy a HGV

Bladgb

Thanks for all the answers.

I think I will have to go and take a look. It's a shame that the manufactures can not provide a slim middle booster seat.

Of to the dealership next weekend then.

Once again, thanks for all the advice.

Regards

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links