Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It appears my radiator has sprung a small leak but would like to get it sorted before is completely goes.. just spoke to Lexus Woodford and a replacement one is £382+VAT, but they offer £100 back on the old one.

Have found a couple of aftermarket ones on eBay for £120... has anyone experience of these? Are they just cheap knock offs that will do more harm than good?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

Haven't bought a GS300 radiator, but my IS200 radiator sprung a leak last year. Local Lexus dealer wanted a £250+vat for a replacement radiator and they wanted the old one back (no discount on the old one...). Managed to buy a replacement radiator for www.uadweb.com for £145 inc vat & del, only difference was that the one from the internet had a thinner core than the orginal radiator. Mine is a copy part, made by AVA Cooling Systems (UK company), but just as good as one from the dealer- its been fitted for a year now, no problems with it.

I would consider buying a radiator online, try Advanced Radiators, Northern Radiators or United AutoParts Distribution (goggle them) if you want to save some £££, otherwise buy the genuine item from your dealer.

hey there,

i banged up the front end of my mk2 gs3 a while ago and bought a second hand radiator from a small radiator company for about £50,bought one from them before for my mk1 and they charged me about the same for the mk1,but they are second recon radiators,but never had a problem with the radiators.The company was east end radiators in glasgow,scotland i think this is there details did a quick yell.com search just i drive round to them normally.lol

3, Milnbank Street,

Dennistoun,

Glasgow,

Lanarkshire

G31 3AQ

Tel: 0141 554 5281

ummy

Never needed one for the Lex, but have had several for previous cars. I use a company in Bournemouth that recore the original radiator, they have about a 2 day turn round.

rad company i used advanced rads for mine around £105 , looked just like the one i took of and worked fine . lexus quoted £450 . when you click above link go to other symbol as the link for lexus is not listed . still quoted on site at £105 ..

I've bought one for my Mk 1 from these people as well, direct replacement and identical to the original. Quick dly and a good price, would recommend them. Fitted it myself and wasn't too difficult.

Dave

Hi Folks! For what it's worth, my '96 GS radiator started to leak three months ago where the header tank meet the core and not having the dosh to splash out on a replacement bought a tin of Radseal. Poured it in and job done - so far at any rate - and all for under a tenner!. Ok, it might not last but so far so good and keeping fingers crossed! Regards D

Hi Folks! For what it's worth, my '96 GS radiator started to leak three months ago where the header tank meet the core and not having the dosh to splash out on a replacement bought a tin of Radseal. Poured it in and job done - so far at any rate - and all for under a tenner!. Ok, it might not last but so far so good and keeping fingers crossed! Regards D

My experience with products like radseal is they might stop a small leak, but they do a good job of clogging up the heater.

Cheers people.. Think i'll go for Mudzs suggestion or possibly look to get it refurbed. I'll avoid the Radseal!...

On another note.. Im after a drivers side front fog light if there is one kicking around.. I know a guy who was selling a pair on eBay so have emailed him with an offer...

Once i've got it all the finishing touches done I'll post some pics..

Cheers.

• 5 months later...
no no no, never use radseal in modern cooling systems............!!

Help?! I was stuck and forced to use radweld to get home. Is there anything I can do to prevent radweld causing damage?

I've never had radweld cause any problems on my Lex or any other car I have owned (as long as you don't use it on the Honda/Rover 2.7 unit). You could do a coolant flush to get rid of most of it if you wanted to though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links