Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your Opinion

GWilso

As I've already mentioned on here before its time for me to upgrade my motor. I automatically looked at another lex possibly the the IS300 but whilst Browsing showrooms etc etc I keep straying and looking at other brands such as volvo,Saab etc etc sorry :crybaby:

I got the buying bug whilst in a Saab showroom today and come across this I'm just playing the waiting game now as they still need to find another £900 off the asking price before I commit hopefully ill get the call tomorrow this has had the engine upgrade from the typical 1.8 sport to 195bhp.

Now that I'm out of the showroom and have my thinking cap back on i just wanted to ask your opinion of it is it something you would consider?

Remember be gentle if you click link its the HIRSCH model 11cars down

http://www.hughes-saab.co.uk/default.asp?docId=17457

I looked at all sorts of things before I bought my IS300. The 9-3 is a nice car, well built and very solid. The one you’re considering seems like a reasonable price too. I didn’t go for one for 3 reasons – I don’t really need the room, a lazy 3l 6cyl motor is more my style than a revvy 1.8 turbo and you just can’t help remembering that it’s really just a Vectra in disguise.

Sorry if I’ve just pi**ed on your bonfire!

Thanks Ian thats fine I sort of agree

I must admit really do like the car (even if it is a Vectra) but biggest downer for me is interior its just a bit bland hopefully its something ill bet used to :crybaby:

But thanks for your input

I looked at all sorts of things before I bought my IS300. The 9-3 is a nice car, well built and very solid. The one you’re considering seems like a reasonable price too. I didn’t go for one for 3 reasons – I don’t really need the room, a lazy 3l V6 is more my style than a revvy 1.8 turbo and you just can’t help remembering that it’s really just a Vectra in disguise.

Sorry if I’ve just pi**ed on your bonfire!

biggest downer for me is interior its just a bit bland

Most things are when compared to a Lexus, though. Every time I sit behind the wheel of my IS, I think “wow, that dash’s great”.

Last night I was driven home from Luton Airport in a 4 month old Passat diesel. It made me really glad I’ve got a Lexus. At motorway speeds (95ish, on the M1 at 2am) it was noticeably noisier than the Lex would have been, both in terms of tyre roar and engine noise – not at all impressive. It was probably doing about twice as many mpg at my 300, though………….

Thanks mate was hoping for a little support :winky:

Oh and it has N/A against all the spec's so just for info.......

0-60 7.4

TS 146

avg fuel about 36MPG

HIRSCH means its lowered, has sports styling kit upgraded brakes and pedals and chiped to 195BHP

If the car feels right to you, then go for it. Lexus ain't the car to keep for life, it's fun to have a change!

I do like the Saab but all I can think of is Vectra in drag. I had a go in a 93 convertable a couple of years ago and it reminded me a little of my old Vauxhall Cavalier in the way it handled and drove. £20,000 can get you a very nice LS430. That's my 10p's worth. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it if you go for it though.

I like Saabs. I agree that the 9-3 is just a big Vectra but then a Jaguar X Type is basically just a big Mondeo. It's not about what it was, it's about what it's become. We were apes (although that's under scientific speculation) and we've evolved. Cars can do the same.

I also prefer the lazy driving style of the IS above something that's a bit more 'revvy'.

You want it, you buy it

the Saab won't last anywhere nearly as long as a Lex. Have a look at a Saab 93 with 100k miles on it - the leather seats will be shot - do the same with a lex and note the astounding difference. Now apply that thought to all of the rest of the Saab.

I've a 200bhp Saab (9000), full leather, walnut, the works - full SSH, 138k miles and it's worth £250... Can't give them away.

I've also a SportCross...

If you are looking for an alternative buy Subaru (part owned by Toyota).

Good luck

jack

please dont listen to the people that say "its just a **** underneath" most cars are owned/share chassis or parts from another car/manufacturer.

the 93 is a great car, you can chuck them about and power delivery is good. i personally would go for the 93 hatchback aero or viggen if you can find one. they are lighter and have more power, plus its chain driven(just one thing less to think about)

saab were the first company to introduce turbos to cars, turbo lag is minimal they have a lot of experience. the engine is in house by saab.

end of the day its up to you, drive the car, if you like it buy it but DON'T let anyone put you off cars they have stereotypes of.

HIRCSH is the tuning company of saab, as bmw have M, nissan have nismo etc.

Thanks for the info Shake,

However I have taken a small step back I think the comments on build quality and ware and tare are true on the Saab even though this model is fairly new with little miles I need it to last me at least 5 possibly even 6 years

So i'm now looking at keeping with the Lexus brand (Purely for realiability)Possibly 220d No trim around the 14K mark

OH AND IF I CHANGE MY MIND MUCH MORE I FEAR I MAY GO MAD :unsure:

Thanks everyone and watch this space

please dont listen to the people that say "its just a **** underneath" most cars are owned/share chassis or parts from another car/manufacturer.

the 93 is a great car, you can chuck them about and power delivery is good. i personally would go for the 93 hatchback aero or viggen if you can find one. they are lighter and have more power, plus its chain driven(just one thing less to think about)

saab were the first company to introduce turbos to cars, turbo lag is minimal they have a lot of experience. the engine is in house by saab.

end of the day its up to you, drive the car, if you like it buy it but DON'T let anyone put you off cars they have stereotypes of.

HIRCSH is the tuning company of saab, as bmw have M, nissan have nismo etc.

if its reliability your after surely the 220d isnt the way to go? im basing this totally on the amount of problems people have with them on the forum

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links