Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slow At Starting

Hi Ive had my sexy lexus for 2 weeks loving it to bits. I drive 70 miles round trip at the moment but i noticed today when i went to go home the car took a bit to start making myself apply the accelator pedal slightly to start. Most cars ive had before you put the Key in a turn BANG it starts..... I had a Vauxhall Vectra years ago and i Remembered it took a bit to start..... TODAY WAS FINE STARTED OKAY WITHOUT THE ACCELATOR BUT TOOK A FEW SECONDS TO START>>>>>>> IS IT NORMAL

2002 plate 52

servied Sept 2007

Hi Ive had my sexy lexus for 2 weeks loving it to bits. I drive 70 miles round trip at the moment but i noticed today when i went to go home the car took a bit to start making myself apply the accelator pedal slightly to start. Most cars ive had before you put the Key in a turn BANG it starts..... I had a Vauxhall Vectra years ago and i Remembered it took a bit to start..... TODAY WAS FINE STARTED OKAY WITHOUT THE ACCELATOR BUT TOOK A FEW SECONDS TO START>>>>>>> IS IT NORMAL

2002 plate 52

servied Sept 2007

Hi yeah. Battery level looks okay sitting 3/4 on the gauge. Just went out to start it there turn the key..... about 6 seconds before engine starts....

Its a common problem...if you do a search you will see...

basiclly wat i was told to do by another LOC member,

1. turn key till all the lights on dash are on....

2.press the accelerator down to the floor and release..

3.then turn car over....

so far have used this and had no probs,i did ask Lexus dealership at last service,the is300 had the same prob,they sorted that out but never sorted the same issue with is200 its no serious problem just a pain in the backside coz it does it only every now and agian :blink: .....just do a search and you will see all the threads on it.. :)

2002 plate 52

servied Sept 2007

Mine has done this once, in 13 months, but thats all, been fine since....

2002 plate 52

servied Sept 2007

Hi yeah. Battery level looks okay sitting 3/4 on the gauge. Just went out to start it there turn the key..... about 6 seconds before engine starts....

Hi Killer , my batt gauge was on 3/4 but the batt was still shot , this gauge is indicating what the alternator is putting into the Battery not what the Battery condition is , try replacing it , mine is spot on now , before it was a bit lazy .

Regards

Paul.

2002 plate 52

servied Sept 2007

Is the starter motor turning it over fast or slow ?

My IS300 has always started with no problems, but over the last fortnight I have noticed that it 'turns over' for longer before firing up. Voltage gauge reading as normal. Is this likely to be a Battery problem? How much do batteries cost these days? (Could this be something to do with me using the heated seats almost constantly?!)

All the best

Amanda

• 13 years later...

I'm having this same issue did anyone find the source of the problem I've changed gas pumps and in tank regulator I'm about to change the positive wires from the alternator after that I'm in the wind to what's wrong