Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice On Respray

drwong

Dear All,

I've bought my Lexus IS200 in some reasonable amount of chips and minor abrasions on teh front bonnet, only visible by naked eye, with 3 pretty small chips. and have since sustained a tiny spatter of chips ont eh front (thanks to the ole M1 gritter)

I'm now, quite fed up with the way it seems to attract chips like a magnet and am considering a respray.

Would anyone advise a respray at a lexus or non lexus garage. And is there a good place to have it resprayed! (I'm currently based in Doncaster Royal infirmary) Thanks!

Is it just a basic respray?

I have been fishign around bradford for a few resparay shops, the process seems to be a 7 layer spray job over 4-5 days....using a light IR sensor to detect teh exact paint colour...

Does that sound abotu right?

so far, costings are between 200-450 GBP for front bonnet and wings and bumper

• 1 month later...
Is it just a basic respray?

I have been fishign around bradford for a few resparay shops, the process seems to be a 7 layer spray job over 4-5 days....using a light IR sensor to detect teh exact paint colour...

Does that sound abotu right?

so far, costings are between 200-450 GBP for front bonnet and wings and bumper

:question:

my excellent LS400 was bought with a hand-size amateur cover-up splodge and some flaking of paint on the spoiler underneath. I am thinking of either

(a) having the bumper (splodge is middle top) and spoiler resprayed the existing colour OR as I'm not crazy about the existing colour

(B) a total respray !

Following previous discussion on this site,a firm in Bradford was mentioned-do you have a contact number- I'd really appreciate it and any of your sound advice (before I do something foolish) It's only an L reg but outstanding but for these paint aspects

thx for any help

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links