Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost New!

seb430

Hi everyone - am very close to becoming the proud owner of a GS430. However, I need to find a new engine for it! Where is a good place to look? am after, ideally a new-new engine and not a second hand one.

Any help would be gratefully receieved!

Looking forward to making the step-up from 3.0V6 to 4.3V8!

Hi everyone - am very close to becoming the proud owner of a GS430. However, I need to find a new engine for it! Where is a good place to look? am after, ideally a new-new engine and not a second hand one.

Any help would be gratefully receieved!

Looking forward to making the step-up from 3.0V6 to 4.3V8!

Try e-bay or a breakers yard , probably London way would be best .

That'll be an interesting thread for the conversion. All the best in the search.

Just re-read my post and it sn't that clear - I'm not doing an conversion, sorry! just looking for a replacement engine for a GS430 (am currently driving a 3.0V6 and looking forward to stepping up a grade so to speak, lol!)

DOes anybody know ball park figures for new engines for 2000 gs430's?

Why not just buy a GS430 and trade in the GS300 probably be better than trying to swap engines. You will also get the wooden steering wheel and larger wheels and maybe a few other bits.

Why not just buy a GS430 and trade in the GS300 probably be better than trying to swap engines. You will also get the wooden steering wheel and larger wheels and maybe a few other bits.

sorry, that was badly written first post. I don't have a GS300 at present but have been offered a GS430 in need of a new engine - everything else on it is spotless and it is a great car.

so am trying to source a replacement. Dealer just quoted me £13,800 for a new one...have been told you can get good reconditioned ones for around £2,500.