Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Budget

:Ftsktsk:k Government!! I Cannot believe this!! What an absloute joke. £415 from March 2009!

I only bought My IS200 in January, If I had known I would have bought a pre 2001 March model.

£415 on top of insurance, petrol and servicing etc is just too much to run a car.

My uncles got a Mercedes S500 (2000 Model) and he will only be paying £185.00

Also who will want to buy an IS200 registered after March 2001. Resale values are bound to take a big hit because of this. I will be considering selling. I dont think i could afford £415 a year!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey come on guys, we have to help the americans fight their wars and that costs us a lot of dosh, then theres all the poor hard done by immigrants we must help support/ house/ clothe /feed, they help us by stabbin us in the back, happy to work for minimum wage, take take take, poor gordon must have nightmares about fleecing us innocent hard working british citizens to help others less fortunate than ourselves!!!! £37 billion of debt? F :tsktsk: K it time to emigrate to NZ or Aussie land :sad:

I'm gutted - i just bought my March 31st 2001 2 weeks ago! Resale value will plummet as well as the fact that had i waited 2 weeks (i didn't NEED the car right then and there) i probably could have got another several hundred knocked off the price.

But you know what - I SAY F**K EM!

I work damned hard, i pay more than i (personall think I) should to own this car, but the pleasure it gives me is worth it all.

All it means is i go out on the booze a 2 or 3 times less a year to budget away the extra cost of tax. If you put it like that, it doesnt feel as bad - and plus it's probably healthier for us too!

Nothing good ever comes easy, as they say.

Hi fellas,

I have a January 2001 IS 200SE but i do feel you the post March 2001 owners. Nothing short of day light robbery... Labour's time in the hot seat should be coming to an end soon.

My cousin has a Toyota Soarer 2.5 twin turbo 92 model.. Does anyone know how much that is going to cost to tax thanks to Mr Darling's great car robbery? Homeboy is ****ting bricks at the moment :D

If anyone is plannig to tax their car in the next few months (up to about July/August time) then it makes sense to only tax it for six months. It costs a bit more I know but it means you can then re-tax it for 12 months at the end of this year at the current rate. That will then see you through until about the end of 2009 on the current pricing. Otherwise if you tax for 12 months now then you'll have to pay the new price around this time next year. This way it gives us all about 18 months at the current prices. Just a thought. I think the sums add up. Correct me if I'm wrong. It all helps and stops the government getting their hands on our hard earned cash. It makes the idea of going LPG more attracive. That would remove some tax that the grabbing MPs get their hands on. And all this comes on the day we find out they can claim £10k for a new kitchen. Something's going wrong here with this country :angry:

My cousin has a Toyota Soarer 2.5 twin turbo 92 model.. Does anyone know how much that is going to cost to tax thanks to Mr Darling's great car robbery? Homeboy is ****ting bricks at the moment :D

With it being pre-2001, it's about £180 I think.

If anyone is plannig to tax their car in the next few months (up to about July/August time) then it makes sense to only tax it for six months. It costs a bit more I know but it means you can then re-tax it for 12 months at the end of this year at the current rate. That will then see you through until about the end of 2009 on the current pricing. Otherwise if you tax for 12 months now then you'll have to pay the new price around this time next year. This way it gives us all about 18 months at the current prices. Just a thought. I think the sums add up. Correct me if I'm wrong. It all helps and stops the government getting their hands on our hard earned cash. It makes the idea of going LPG more attracive. That would remove some tax that the grabbing MPs get their hands on. And all this comes on the day we find out they can claim £10k for a new kitchen. Something's going wrong here with this country :angry:

Good idea mines due end of may was guna do 12month but will do 6 now :winky: but i am well gutted carnt beleve the price :msn-cry:

mines a pre 2001. its 2000 x. hopefully this will make mine more desirable next month when i sell it but im looking at getting a mitsi evo8 fq300.

The Evo will be in the top tax band of £440/year from next April.

But if ours IS's are gonna be 415, then how is 15 quid suppose to disuade anyone from getting an evo, or range rover?

Just bloody silly if you ask me, I think they've just looked at how low they can put the treshold to get as much money as they can. I can't see how all these extra 'green' taxes are gonna be spent to shut down all the factories in china and the US. Its pointless us in the Uk even bothering to try and save the environment on our own. Although I bet all the extra taxes will be well spent furnishing MPs second homes with 10k kitchens and 300quid mirrors. Its a complete farse!!!

1.Buses that churn out smoke.

2. natural rottation of the earth per every 1,000 years

3.all the planes 35,000 feet up in the air..

4. testing nuclear weapons.

that is what the experts say IS screwing the atmosphere / enviroment / ozone up NOT irepeat NOT the CAR...i believe the car equates to about 1% of it all..

anyway whats the point if the US, RUSSIA, CHINA,ETC are NOT following suit....WASTE OF TIME....but good old britain just another way to get more tax more money out of the humble public.....

so whos paying for GORDON BROWN & MR DARLING to drive around in there nice £60,000 motor.......oh yeah WE ARE.!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links