Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For An Lpg Is200.

If you have one for sale PM me with details. Max Budget is 5,500. If you have seen one around for sale please let me know.

Have been looking for ages have found nothing. They seem to be very rare. Thanks for your help.

If you have one for sale PM me with details. Max Budget is 5,500. If you have seen one around for sale please let me know.

Have been looking for ages have found nothing. They seem to be very rare. Thanks for your help.

Just a quick question, what does LPG mean? :blush:

Just a quick question, what does LPG mean? :blush:

Liquified Petroleum Gas. :)

Have you thought about buying an IS200 then have it converted for around £1600??

Ive been thinking about having mine converted but not sure i can justify the cost! With the new car tax hike it might be an option!

I have. Trust me when I say it is worth every penny. Right now I have a VW Passat Syncro (4WD) 2.8 V6 which is LPG converted (was converted by previous owner). I had a problem with the car and it was off the road for almost a month. In between I drove a 2.5 V6 TDI Passat, 1.4 Polo, 1.8 Peugeout 406, 1.8 Vectra and believe me when I say this that I really appreciated and realised how much more economical my Passat is than all of those cars. Yes even more economical than the 1.4 Polo.

I have already worked out that the £1600 I spend on conversion is something I will save in the first year. The other thing you have got to remember is that when you do the conversion not all the money you spend on the conversion is gone. A big chunk of it turns into assett and you can recover it once you sell the car. So in effect you are only spending 500-1000 on the conversion which you will easily save in the first year alone.

Plus you will never fail an MOT over emissions and you will be harming the enviornment a lot less. :winky:

Quick Q;

How would a conversion affect the car tax hike? I take it would effect the VED banding? So would a post-2001 IS pay much less in road tax?

Thats a Very good Q,

The new banding is based on manufacures emissions so will be a higher VED band.. not sure if the DVLA accept any LPG certificates to reduce the banding cat for your car with an LPG conversion but worth finding out..

Post here please if anybody has any updates? :-)

Dibslpg

I'm guessing not, most LPG conversions don't render the petrol tank useless? and don't you usually have to run the petrol every now and again? I'm guessing here but for the DVLA to acknowledge the co2 emissions drop you would have to not have the option to run petrol?

I'm guessing not, most LPG conversions don't render the petrol tank useless? and don't you usually have to run the petrol every now and again? I'm guessing here but for the DVLA to acknowledge the co2 emissions drop you would have to not have the option to run petrol?

You have a point. I am not sure myself. However recently (month ago) my car passed its MOT and looking at the emissions test it states "Fuel Type : LPG". So I assume the co2 emission result is checked when the car is running on LPG. Maybe the Testing Station I took it to made a mistake and they should have carried out the emissions test by running the car on petrol. I am not sure.

Quick Q;

How would a conversion affect the car tax hike? I take it would effect the VED banding? So would a post-2001 IS pay much less in road tax?

There is a thread devoted to this on an LPG forum. I dont want to post links incase it breaks any rules. But from what I remember if your car is post 2001 then you send your v5 to the DVLA with the LPG certificate (I think) and they update the log book to state that the car is dual fuel.

Ok so have we any idea what road tax is to be expected from a dual-fuel post-2001 IS ?

If it's reasonable we may have found a solution to that near-half a grand figure us (post-2001) IS owners are in for

Ok so have we any idea what road tax is to be expected from a dual-fuel post-2001 IS ?

If it's reasonable we may have found a solution to that near-half a grand figure us (post-2001) IS owners are in for

Not sure. Here are the new changes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/629/629/7293011.stm

Not sure of how much discount LPG Is200 will get though. I know at the moment people are getting something like £15 off a year. Which is not a lot really. Its pathetic.

Actually I checked here too:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/629/629/7290230.stm

You can calculate how much better off you will be next year as a result of the new budget. According to it Road tax for the lexus this year is 205 and will rise to 210 next year. With the LPG conversion selected it reduces both by £15.

• 1 year later...

Propane is the fuel of Satan.... It'll save you cash if you do a large milage or intend to keep the car for a long time, I guess that you have to do the maths based on your own personal circumstances but don't forget to include the initial cost of the installation and servicing of the kit..... There are some good LPG installers out there but there are plenty more bad ones, If you find a bad installer, then your motoring life will be purgatory and don't forget that if you travel abroad, then there are restrictions on Euro-tunnel

I also believe that the IS doesn't react well to Propane unless an extra additive is used to aid valve lubrication.... If you want economy, then look at an IS220d

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like your question has been answered!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-54-LEXUS-IS200-SE-SILVER-LPG-NO-SWAP_W0QQitemZ140391282333QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item20aff8f69d

Thge part at the bottom made me chuckle though...

#The engine managment light is on, but nothing to worry about...'

WTF?! Surely thats the car telling you something is wrong!? lol

Bruce

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-54-LEXUS-IS200-SE-SILVER-LPG-NO-SWAP_W0QQitemZ140391282333QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item20aff8f69d

Bruce

Nope, it doesn't. Simply gas is a leaner fuel than petrol and that's the reason, why the light comes on ;)

Bruce

Nope, it doesn't. Simply gas is a leaner fuel than petrol and that's the reason, why the light comes on ;)

It says that something is wrong to me,a decent LPG conversion should have a system that allows for this and prevents the EM light from coming on... As I said previously, there are plenty of poor or even dangerous conversions about. I would question why he is ditching the car 12 months after forking out a hill of cash for a conversion...

Bruce

It says that something is wrong to me,a decent LPG conversion should have a system that allows for this and prevents the EM light from coming on... As I said previously, there are plenty of poor or even dangerous conversions about. I would question why he is ditching the car 12 months after forking out a hill of cash for a conversion...

I've run my 300 sport cross on LPG for almost two years now. The EM light came on shortly after the conversion - running too lean. It's a quck fiddle with the injector trim (it has 6 aditional injectors for the LPG and these need to open and close at as near the exact timings of the petrol injectors) via the installer and it's never come on again.

...cant fault LPG - slight loss of power (like having a passenger in the car) but it's offset by the 55.9p per litre (filled it up this morning for £31.99) which means the car hardly see the inside lane as the fuel's so cheap... might as well drive fast.

Good luck

jack

The best thing for you to do is buy the car and then have it converted. This is what I did, the conversion cost me £1300 and it best thing I have ever done as the car drives exactly the same with no loss in performance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links