Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Car Tax

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats it then...........history

next year these things will be unsellable....as much as i like the car im not giving this government £400 so they spend it on a dishwasher in their second home

needless to say the people who will gain will be the IS200 buyers in 2009 who will easily offset the difference by buying dirt cheap motors

toodlepip

thats it then...........history

next year these things will be unsellable....as much as i like the car im not giving this government £400 so they spend it on dishwasher in their second home

needless to say the people who will gain will be the IS200 buyers in 2009 who will easily offset the difference by buying dirt cheap motors

toodlepip

may be i'll buy another if they drop in price that much and have two :winky: and another one for spares :lol:

if 25% of people said nope and refused to pay the new RFL what would they do................

Seize the car and either auction it or crush it

sucks.. even the IS-F is the same price per year

Hmmmm... A few years ago a lot of hauliers registered their trucks in other countries, I wonder if the car could be permanently exported, foreign plates, foreign insurance....NO tax

Yeah, go for it !

I just paid my annual road tax on the IS300.

85USD.

About 42 Quid.

It would have been even cheaper except I pay 10USD extra per year for having personal plates.

Registering your car in another EU country shouldn't be too difficult because of EU standardisation of norms and standards for cars. In most countries you will probably have to show residency in some shape (borrow a mates address), and if the car is in any country for more than six months it is supposed to get re-registered there (pop over to Calais twice a year to avoid UK registration). Plus you would need to take it back to the registering country regularly for the equivalent of MOTs (every two years in Germany).

If you are prepared for hassles with the scufflers, just tell the DVLA you are exporting your car. You keep your plates, but don't pay tax anymore. One of my mates drove his UK Volvo in Germany for three months in this status until he got around to getting a German registration. No-one cared. I also knew an Italian who drove his car in the UK for four years on Italian plates without problems.

I'm totally with you on the 2nd homes thing. It is disgraceful. When I have to pay nearly a thousand quid a month in tax and nat insurance, I@m just so happy that I'm working so hard so that MP's can have a nice kitchen. That makes my blood boil.

:ph34r:

When in 2001 was the IS300 introduced?

answers on a postcard if you like :)

March.....the first ones were '51' plates, which means they had to be after 1st March...........

it really pees me off when you've worked hard to buy something you want only to be told years down the line we want more money off you. i mean what is that about ?

has someone in government bought an ivory back scratcher or are they after a new pioneer plasma tv ? and like people say where is this money going ?

kak roads, kak public transport, kak policing, kak schools & crime on the rise. bargin. or maybe they need the money to pay for the military ?

green tax to keep the hippies happy, tax hike to everyone else. beside i reckon my is200 pollutes less than those pre2001 hunks of junk that hippies drive around in.

moan over.

if 25% of people said nope and refused to pay the new RFL what would they do................

lock us all up :lol:

except the prison are already full!

If i'm on an 2001 X plate, does that mean i'm good for the cheaper one?

X plate should be lower tax band Pre "Now Your F****D" Band

:ph34r:

When in 2001 was the IS300 introduced?

answers on a postcard if you like :)

March.....the first ones were '51' plates, which means they had to be after 1st March...........

Oh well, looks like i will be buying an older Porka now then. (whenever I get rid of mine.)

Hi there

Just a quick one. I returned from Germany a few years ago and kept my German plate on my Motorbike for nearly a year. I was insured through Allianz (german company) then changed to a UK company using my chassis number stating that I was in the process of re-registering. I never even got a second glance.

Do these same rules apply to the Channel Isles/Isle of Man/Northern Ireland? this could also be a loop hole.

I am in the Army and have served in Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan, and believe me the Taxpayers pound isnt being spent there.

To cap it off whilst getting in pitched fire fights with insurgents in Baghdad I was still paying Council tax and rent on my Army house.

Whilst it turns my stomach to see what these pathetic excuses for politicians are doing to my country, I am slightly smiling when I remember all those pinko subversive communists cheering and clapping in 97 when Tony B Liar came to the throne.

I bet they are coughing on their muesli now.

Sorry to say it guys but I am off to Australia for 3 weeks in August to visit my family, and as the old Army saying goes "Time spent on Recce is seldom wasted!"

If this was France every motorway in the country would be blockaded, but we, the British will only moan and then take it! just look at the price of fuel now!

Sorry to add to the depressing nature of this thread, but I still love my 200 LE, good luck to everyone defecting to BMW.

Finally, the average fine for griving with no insurance is £ 80.00. ummmm makes you think doesnt it! at least child benefit is still getting through to Warsaw any way.

Cheers fellas

Rob

I really hope it doesnt reach £400+ i love my car but it doesnt justify spending that sort of money just to travel on our unrepaired congested roads.

Im sticking with it for now until i see the march 2009 figures from the government/DVLA website and if its true what everyone is saying then im afraid ill be gettin shut :) enjoy it whilst u can! :)

Problem is with getting shot of our cars, is noones gonna want to pay good money for them. I can see me losing a grand on the value of my car against 400 quid to tax it. But at the moment Ive got no intention of selling it.

Ive been playing a good game today that involves spotting cars that will probably be in the 400+ tax bracket next year,and theres loads. Makes me feel abit better, but only because I know there are other people in the same boat as me.

• 9 months later...

Guys im completely confused about the car tax ruling for the is200 now after reading this thread.

I am about to buy an is200 myself but after reading from the thread it looks like a 1st march 2001

car will be £400+ yet from Parkers its only £215 from april 2009 and £245 april 2010. I also called

up DVLA and they confirmed the same info on Parkers web site?

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/road-tax/?de...amp;deriv=16549

Your input will help to decide if it is going to be a pre March 2001 or later model. I don't want to stuck paying £400+ for the is200, esp to this govt who does nothing to help the motorist.

2nd Q, off topic here, how many set of keys did you get from lexus when the car was new 3 or 2 sets?

Thanks

How much will I have to pay under the new rates?

The new vehicle tax rates for cars registered on or after 1 March 2001 will be split into 13 bands depending on CO2 emissions. The amount you will pay depends on which band your car comes under. The new system will help better reflect the difference in emissions between cars. The lower a car's emissions, the lower the vehicle tax band it will be in.

The new bands will be introduced on 1 April 2009, and will apply to all tax discs bought from that date onwards.

Band

CO2 (g/km)

Current Rate

2009-10 standard rate

2010-11 standard rate

A

Up to 100

£0

£0

£0

B

101-110

£35

£35

£20

C

111-120

£35

£35

£30

D

121-130

£120

£120

£90

E

131-140

£120

£120

£110

F

141-150

£120

£125

£125

G

151-165

£145

£150

£155

H

166-175

£170

£175

£180

I

176-185

£170

£175

£200

J

186-200

£210

£215

£235

K*

201-225

£210

£215

£245

L

226-255

£400

£405

£425

M

Over 255

£400

£405

£435

* Band K includes cars that have a CO2 figure over 225g/km but were registered before 23 March 2006. These cars will stay in band K.

so buy the look at this it means that if your car is reg before march 2006.then you will pay £215 in april then £245 next year april 2010,hope this helps a bit.

The IS200 Wont be 400 for the next couple of years anyway. It was going to be untill the pre budget report in Nov when the government shelved the plans to put it up. Only cars reg after 16/03/06 will be hit.

well hopefully buy then this governent will be out on there *****,or this country is totaly wasted.

I have to pay my tax this month and after christmas ouch! So i am gonna get 6 months to move it away from jsn then get 12 months next time but i thought i would let you know i am going to have to pay £115 this month just for 6 months tax. What a rip off and i wouldnt mind but its not as if we are forking out all this money in return for exellent roads because we are not. Pot holes everywhere lines you cant see with out the use of a microscope and road signs with more mould on them than blue cheese!

My car has bad timing on the car tax, it ran out 31/12/2008! Bad time of year. But I got it retaxed for £215. When I bought my is200 in June the prices had dropped because of the stupid road tax regulations that they set up for cars as far back as 2001, I took a bit of a gamble that they couldn't seriously do it on older cars. So far I've been lucky, it's on hold for the time being :)