Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Writing Mp3 Folders Onto A Dvd ?

According to the Lexus IS brouchure the MM system can read MP3 data on both a cd as well as a DVD. I have sucessfully burned a cd which was read okay by the MM. I tried today for the second time to burn a project the same way onto a DVD+R Disc. It does not read the disc nor does the MM offer an error message. On my first try I simply burned a data disk by dragging the various folders onto the disc. This time I used the jukebox option in NERO. I used this option for the cd that worked but the DVD i bured the same way will not play or been seen by the system. Does the MM read DVD+R media or does it only like DVD-R media.

Has anybody sucessfully burned MP3 folders onto a DVD that the MM will play??? :tomato:

Before I say anything....I have no idea if the 250 & 220 are entirely complient with DVD media when using MP3, but my 2pence.....

Use the darkest dye possible of DVD (look on the underside...the darker the better) Purple is good, green is ok-ish, silver is uhhm poo-pap. Ritek G-03 dye were the best but are hard to come by these days, other than than just make sure the underside is purple and you burn at the slowest speed possible and you should be fine.

Take that as general advice aswell, i.e. when burning DVD's for home etc

my experience says no it is not possible.I have tried but the only way it works is to convert mp3s to ac3 or other formats which negates the saving in first place .I reverted to just useing cds .....sorry ....maybe somone else has had more sucess

my experience says no it is not possible.I have tried but the only way it works is to convert mp3s to ac3 or other formats which negates the saving in first place .I reverted to just useing cds .....sorry ....maybe somone else has had more sucess

Morning. Well i dont want to speak to soon but I think I may have cracked my problem. I will only know for sure later this morning as I am being picking up by Lexus to take delivery of my new IS220D SE-L MM S/R in 15 min.

Basically I have discoverd some software that will convert your mp3 files into a video DVD format. So what you end up with is a normal video dvd but instead of the menus leading you to scene selections etc, they become folder and track selections instead.

Your mp3 folders are recoded into a dvd video codec which the MM will see as a video file.

I can't see any reason why this will not work but hey worth a try i suppose. I fill post full details when I have my car.

Hold thumbs guys!! :whistling:

Morning. Well i dont want to speak to soon but I think I may have cracked my problem. I will only know for sure later this morning as I am being picking up by Lexus to take delivery of my new IS220D SE-L MM S/R in 15 min.

Basically I have discoverd some software that will convert your mp3 files into a video DVD format. So what you end up with is a normal video dvd but instead of the menus leading you to scene selections etc, they become folder and track selections instead.

Your mp3 folders are recoded into a dvd video codec which the MM will see as a video file.

I can't see any reason why this will not work but hey worth a try i suppose. I fill post full details when I have my car.

Hold thumbs guys!! :whistling:

That will work! Still there is the 255 limit on the number of files.

Does anyone know ir DVD-Audio disk work on the 220d-250 ?

There are some older posts on this...

Unless the post '57 cars have changed, you could only ever play DVD Audio (commercially available) on the MLS, but not DVD crammed with MP3. So basically, a Jukebox DVD Disc made using Roxio will work, but dragging and dropping MP3's onto a DVD-+R will not work.

The only problem is that Nannies keep making it difficult when you play the Roxio converted discs. For example, when you switch the engine off and on, it goes back to the first song/menue every time. If you have a Menu, it disappears when you drive off... It is like playing a DVD, difference being there is no video. It sort of works but has a few compromises which make it a waste of time IMHO.

I've gone back to playing CD's...though the iPod integration kit looks very tempting