Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Salvage Contact

seb430

Hi everyone - new to the forum as about to take the plunge [hopefully] with a '01 GS430SE - however I need an engine lol! does any body know of a good engine refurb compnay that can supply an engine for this?

Have located an 18Kmile one for £1995 - would I be silly to not take that up?

Any/All help much appreciated

I would possibly be concerned that a GS430 was in need of a replacement engine at such a young age. Do you know the history of the car?

well - my friend (who is as honest and trustworthy as they come!) has had the car since first registration. He did point outthe irony of asying how reliable they are when it was sat ther ewith no engine! He has had it serviced since new by Lexus-Guildford and since the engine blew and the yquoted £13,800 for new engine has taken to driving something else!

He tells me he thinks it wassomethign to do with the fact that the was somehow an oil leak which coincided wit hfaulty dash oil warning (he thinks) and bascially the engine seized.

Sounds like one hell of a coincidence.Is the original engine beyond economical repair?If you do buy it I hope all goes well and you get it up and running without finding too many other issues and at reasonable overall cost.Apparently the 4.3 engines are not too common secondhand as sales were not high on gs430 and so not many breakers about.

• 1 month later...
Sounds like one hell of a coincidence.Is the original engine beyond economical repair?If you do buy it I hope all goes well and you get it up and running without finding too many other issues and at reasonable overall cost.Apparently the 4.3 engines are not too common secondhand as sales were not high on gs430 and so not many breakers about.

Very wise words,i would be interested how the gear box was if the engine had a oil leak.a big risk to take if you cant test drive a car.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Hi guy's,

I know this was a little while ago but I am having problems with my 430 and my need a gearbox!

Do these vehicles with silly prices have gearboxes available please

Many thanks

I need a GS430 Engine too, mine blew a hose off and then dumped the water out very quickley, whist at high speed.

I have found two but at Silly money

Nigel

LS430 has a slightly different ECU, not sure if that would cause an issue. SC430 and GS430 are the same.

I was biiding on a salvage SC430 but it was too expensive in the end.

I may consider braking my GS430, as I have bourght another one. I do intend to fix the old one, as not many things brake on the lexus, so I cant imaging there beeing a large market for the parts

Nigel

• 1 month later...

I've found...at last...an LS430 engine at a reasonable price and the company is seems good and not assocaited with The engine Centre/heathtrow engine/rivermeade engineering!

Can someone please tell me exactly what are the differences [if any] between the LS and the GS430 engines as it is to go in a GS430.

Many Thanks for any and all help, much appreciated.

I've found...at last...an LS430 engine at a reasonable price and the company is seems good and not assocaited with The engine Centre/heathtrow engine/rivermeade engineering!

Can someone please tell me exactly what are the differences [if any] between the LS and the GS430 engines as it is to go in a GS430.

Many Thanks for any and all help, much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links