Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not As Bad As I Thought

:whistling: This is the first time ever !!!!!!! I have bought a car and been obsessed by how good it actually is... Well nearly 3 weeks ago i posted my first comments regarding mpg....I bought my first ever lexus and i was worried in buying it as i had read all the bad reviews regarding mpg. I posted that i had filled up my Lexus Is200 52 Plate 27k With £30 and drove from Leeds back to Glasgow.

well i travel 70 miles round trip a day 5 times I filled up letting each tank go to the last point with Light on each time........

Jet petrol station==== £30=== 240 ( 65 - 70 ) mph

tesco Glasgow======£30=== 235 (65 - 70 ) mph

Shell Normal=======£30=== 145 (65 - 70 ) mph

jet Petrol Station==== £30 === 200 ( this time all gear changes over 4 revs ) ( 80 mph - 90 mph )

Jet petrol station ====£30====235 ( 65 - 70 mph )

I was asked the last time what was i doing..... I keep all revs all low as possibe.............. I always keep at a steady speed never above 70 Mph and if it is only for short time to OVER TAKE.... 30 mph into 5 gear if im doing 40 mph into 6 gear......... I changed my driving and hey it shows i hope these tips help............

EVERY WEEK I CHECK MY TYRES ALL 33 .............. :whistling:

Good bit of research there :D I guess it shows that if you do take it easy there are benefits (although maybe not quite as much fun :whistling: ) on your pocket

EVERY WEEK I CHECK MY TYRES ALL 33 .............. :whistling:

ROFL :lol:

drive with the snow button on too, ive been trying it over the past few weeks.

i typically put in £30 a week which lasts me exactly a week (sunday to sunday). By the time i come to refill i must be running on fumes though!

Past two weeks ive put the snow button on at all times and ive got an extra day or two withought having to refil, this equates to around an extra 50 miles or so, so really chuffed with that.

will have to try and get some accurate figues and see exactly what difference it makes

After trying the snow button thing on a run down from Brum to Swansea a couple of weeks ago, Ive had the snow button on all week. Mostly motorway with only a few miles a day on normal roads. Will see what its been doing to the gallon. Thinking of resetting the ECU on the weekend to see if it makes a difference in the coming weeks. But with the Snow button on it definatly feels smoother and the MPG needle fluctuates less.