Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petition Against Tax Hike

Hi guys,

Found this petition on another forum.

Its against the tax rise that comes in next year for post 2001 cars, so affects alot of us.

Petition to: Remove the unfair and unjust retrospective Vehicle Execise Duty levy (back to 2001 year vehicles) as announced in the Budget on 12/3/08.

Didin't know of this was the best place for it, so if any mods want to move it to a better place then feel free.

Gazza

cheers, ive signed it

Ive looked at the list of cars in the same band and Im sure that when people eventually sus this out this govt will have a problem on its hands..many people just havent a clue that this will hit them.

They really are putting the squeeze on joe public, pay rise for me (thanks govt) was under 2%, council tax gone up 5%, everything else going through the roof from electric to food in shops. Someone was saying that real inflation is actually running at over 13%

Cost of military operations in Iraq and Afganistan this year will be £3.297 BILLION......how much next year?...funded by ???

rant over :tsktsk:

just seen this tip

'What this means is that it is well worth renewing your tax early if the increase is big.

You want to buy a year's tax in February 2009 (to leave time before the increases which I believe are in March 2009). There's no need to get a six-month disc, buy a full year at next renewal, and apply for a refund on Friday January 30 2009. Then on February 1, buy the new tax disc. Obviously you will need to keep the car offroad for the two days in between, there doesn't seem to be a way around that issue. But the savings could be quite substantial.'

i dont really see the point of putting it as a sticky, like all the previous petitions it wont do anything to change his mind.

If it gives people an outlet for their vitriol then it's worth it :winky:

I agree it won't change much/anything, but if it feels good?

Hi guys,

Found this petition on another forum.

Its against the tax rise that comes in next year for post 2001 cars, so affects alot of us.

Petition to: Remove the unfair and unjust retrospective Vehicle Execise Duty levy (back to 2001 year vehicles) as announced in the Budget on 12/3/08.

Didin't know of this was the best place for it, so if any mods want to move it to a better place then feel free.

Gazza

Signed, also posted on NissanPrimera.net

Spread the word........

Guest inicol63

Signed even though this does not effect me .

Had enough of these bloody idiot charging us for everything, my wife will be charge for using the hoover next he he

Ian