Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats Better And Cheaper

RealistKiller

the rs200 auto has 190 bhp and the rs200 manual has 200 bhp without the high octane Japaneses petrol which give it an extra 10 bhp.

Factory figures quote the altezza at 210bhp from the factory for MT, 200bhp for AT. Who told you you only get 255bhp of of a Blitz supercharged Altezza? Mr Singh had his up to 310bhp on standard internals.

Supercharger on its own should see you up to 280bhp easily, then add larger intercooler, uprated fuel pump, larger injectors, stand alone ecu. Since yours is an auto ,there isn't as many tuning parts available. Brash boy in Japan do an Apexi Power FC for the autos

the rs200 manual has 200 bhp without the high octane Japaneses petrol which give it an extra 10 bhp.

I was told it was 200 bhp, hense the "200" in RS200! Then again, the same guy did tell me my supercharged IS would be 260hp - but it isn't!

Change your final drive, ie a 5.1 or the likes

supercharger may get you down to 6's but i'd be worried how long your gearbox will put up with it...

not easy to "force" more power from the auto as mapping them afterwards seems to be a hit an miss affair...

Thank you for your advice for enlightening me.

i anit looking to spend more then about £3500. so how much do you think all this would cost?

supercharger costs 3800!

upgraded clutch/flywheel 450 approx

fitting about 500

tuning mapping 300-500.

Im sure there is other costs along the way i cant think of

if you gonna boost it, do a proper job there's so much to think about

there so much other stuff you will need to do once running boost just to get the car running at it's best

if you want to a better 0-60 time on a NA set up I would do these mods IMO

light weight flywheel: this will help the car rev easier

change the final drive of the car. TRD do a 4.5 final drive kit that will be fine on an auto

I think some of the earlier altezza's had a final drive of 4.1, and I think some of the later models had a 4.3 final drive

you can do mods to the air intake system ie : performance panel filter or induction kit

IMO the increase you will get will be about the same with both, but your car will raw with an induction kit ;)

you can also look at sorting your exhaust system out, performance manifold, decat mid section and after market back box

then some sort of management system could be a stand alone ecu or get a Camcon fitted these will all help with your 0-60 time

thanks for the heads up

hhmm interesting, but i will only gain about 25-30 bhp from these mods and also it sounds very costly.

i was wondering how can i make my rev limiter go above 7000 rpm becuase all rs200 autos are limited 7000, would this improve my 0-60. what do u think?

thanks for the heads up

hhmm interesting, but i will only gain about 25-30 bhp from these mods and also it sounds very costly.

i was wondering how can i make my rev limiter go above 7000 rpm becuase all rs200 autos are limited 7000, would this improve my 0-60. what do u think?

i think the only way to remove the rev limiter is fit an aftermarket ecu. wouldn't really improve your 0-60 by much. have you checked out this turbo kit:

Trust bolt on kit cheap as chips but not sure if it works with the auto's. maybe send them a mail

Fairly sure i asked them in the past, but that turbo wasn't for an Auto :(

regards the final drive question.... whats on your chassis plate on the bulkhead?

mine is "A650E" which is 4.3 so a 4.5 for me wouldn't make much difference...

trade in your Auto and get a manual if speed if all you want, knocked a second off straight away... :D

so what your telling me that both of Greddys turbo kit isn't compatible with my auto( i thought i found the answer)why? :crying:

this sucks, there must be away to make it work.

l,ll have to do some research and ask my local tuning garage if its possible

i think the ecu supplied with the kit isn't suitable for auto's. if you got a brash boy apexi power fc, this should solve the issue i think

hi am back, my garage told me as long as the manual engine is the same as the auto engine, they can fit the turbo to my car but i would need a different ecu.

what about GREDDY E-MANAGE ULTIMATE ecu, would that be compatible with my auto?

but if not can any one recommed me any good cheap ecu for my rs200 auto! thanks :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links