Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all...not been on for while, but things are pretty much the same with us and the car - EG: Its an OK car, finish.

FINALLY got the dash rattle fixed after many complaints. However, I have now managed to lose a complete key fob, and as getting a new "metal bit" only allows access inside the vehicle and nothing else ( whats the point of that ? ) its a waste of time going that route.

I need a whole new electronic fob and the dealer has quoted the best part of 300 quid !! No way am I am paying that...so whats the alternatives? Some techie guru must have a hack / fix / internet scam or whatever :whistling: - so whats the crack guys. Is there anywhere doing better value replacements ?? Cheers.

The only ones i've seen are these on ebay US suposed to be an oe smart key here's the item number 370031624686 not sure if its what your after but worth a look at the cost of them? :)

Thanks a bunch...looks like it might be the one I need and at 1/4 the price of Lexus dealer in UK !

Just need to find some bod or method of programming the thing to match my car.

Hi Jamboo! Yeh we are fine thank you sorry for delay in repsonse...NO NOTIFICATION was sent to me of responses to posts.

House Insurance said they only cover the house keys :tsktsk: / car Insurance no cover -Even though I am fully comp!!

Am still awaiting response from the eBay link I was given.

Meantime...I am needing 2 x new front tyres in the next few weeks, and wondered which were the quietest that people have found ?