Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiper Blades

Anyone can explain this?

My wife had the IS300 collected 2 weeks ago for a service and advised the guy who took the car away that the wiper blades need changed. (why she asked them and didn't get me to do it cheaper i'll never know).

When delivered she was told they hadn't changed the blades because they were not original Lexus wipers blades. They cleaned the surface and left them on, producing a service check list showing the wipers as an advisement.

Now why on earth would a dealer not fit new wiper blades irrespective of whether the old ones were Lexus or not. Not to mention the fact that we bought the car from them and the wipers on there are the ones supplied with the car by them.

Then the service manager had the cheek to try and argue that as it was a 50,000 mile service and the car was sold with 27,000 miles then they couldn't possibly be the same blades. However he obviously didn't look at the facts, it may be a 50,000 mile service but it has less than 33,000 miles and only being serviced due to age not mileage.

They called to ask permission to fit new brake pads on the rear so if there was any uncertainty about them being approved you'd have thought they would have brought it up then.

Can't understand the reasoning here at all. Anyone care to comment what they may be thinking?

id ask to speak to the service manager, he sounds like an utter fool,

if its lexus nottingham, id be supprised, as they have had nothing but rave reviews for ever......

lexus leicester on the other hand, seem to go up and down in the ratings.....

I know ages ago when i asked similar thing at Reading, they said the wiper rubbers were included in one of the services.

Maybe they couldn't change the rubbers cos the blades were no longer lexus ones, though you would then expect them to change the whole blade incl metal body! numptys.

yes Lexus Leicester and my wife already spoke to service manager and he wasn't much use, denied that was the case depsite the guy who dropped it off saying it, and being written down on the advisement.

i agree with Kev Dood, if they are going to replace it all then what's the big deal.

well she got a satisfaction survey in the post as a follow up to having service done, so she rang the guy and he said to call if unhappy today and he agreed to fit new ones free of charge. Ok with the petrol down there we probably saved about £10 on buying from Halfords or similar and doing myself but she's just got back and was further annoyed that at no time on phone or during visit was there ever any apology.

anyway she can see now, so over and out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links