Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Price Less Find On My Mk3

hi

ever since getting my LS i have been forced to buy Proper Music CDs from shops knowing that the LS would not play CDRW. Well last night I burned some CDs for home and this morning i just tried it in my LS and to my amazement it played CDRW !!!!!!!!This for me is a priceless find !!!!

I also found out last week (after 5 months ownership) that the LS has speed sensitive wipers - amazing for a 1996 car - certainly ahead of its time!

regards

miq

hi

ever since getting my LS i have been forced to buy Proper Music CDs from shops knowing that the LS would not play CDRW. Well last night I burned some CDs for home and this morning i just tried it in my LS and to my amazement it played CDRW !!!!!!!!This for me is a priceless find !!!!

I also found out last week (after 5 months ownership) that the LS has speed sensitive wipers - amazing for a 1996 car - certainly ahead of its time!

regards

miq

I have a MK3 do they have speed sensative wipers ??

hi

regards

miq

Hi yes they do - last week when it was raining i had them on intermittent and everytime i went over 20mph then would automatically switch to constant. They would then switch back to intermittent when i slowed down/stopped - try it next time its raining

regards

miq

hi

regards

miq

Hi yes they do - last week when it was raining i had them on intermittent and everytime i went over 20mph then would automatically switch to constant. They would then switch back to intermittent when i slowed down/stopped - try it next time its raining

regards

miq

Never thought I'd say this........can't wait for it to rain !

Cheers I'll give it ago.

Although on the downside the boot is leaking so when it does rain the spare wheel fills up. I do have a replacement generic (non Lexus) lip seal....just haven't got round to fitting it yet

Hi miq, thats mad on the wipers i will also pray for rain lol. On the cd front my 95 series 3 plays cdr fine but wont touch cdrw, whicj i can live with

cheers steve.

I have an imported LS ( Celsior) 1994 and mine also has speed sensitive wipers! These slow to intermittant wipe when stationary when they are set to normal constant wipe.

HI Steve Just getting to know my Lexus and have been using CDRW without thinking and taking it as the norm, I have no problem except that due to the system age It does tend to mistrack when the road isn't so smooth i believe more modern players have fixed this problem.

I can confirm my wipers are the same and react to speed. keep up the good posts!

Kevin

These slow to intermittant wipe when stationary when they are set to normal constant wipe.

My '92 BMW 325 Coupe had the same feature. If I'm honest, it was bloody annoying at times. Meant you couldn't see bugger all when stopped at traffic lights in heavy rain. Sometimes I think cars can be a tad too clever for their own good.

• 1 month later...
These slow to intermittant wipe when stationary when they are set to normal constant wipe.

My '92 BMW 325 Coupe had the same feature. If I'm honest, it was bloody annoying at times. Meant you couldn't see bugger all when stopped at traffic lights in heavy rain. Sometimes I think cars can be a tad too clever for their own good.

We have a '97 328i sedan and thought it was an excellent feature, stops that annoying 'dry window' problem when stopped... it's funny I actually didn't actually figure out it did that until we had the car for about 5 years..

Hi miq, thats mad on the wipers i will also pray for rain lol. On the cd front my 95 series 3 plays cdr fine but wont touch cdrw, whicj i can live with

cheers steve.

So the Mark3 can play CDR fine, but not CDRW?? Some people have said CDRW plays fine too. (Would be great if it does)

We have a '97 328i sedan and thought it was an excellent feature, stops that annoying 'dry window' problem when stopped... it's funny I actually didn't actually figure out it did that until we had the car for about 5 years..

Yup, in drizzle it is a great feature. In heavy rain I found it pretty stupid as you couldn't override it unless you put the wipers on the fast setting.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links