Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Just A Small Supermarket Trolly Dent >:-(

derekyau

Unfortunately, its one of those posts that some are all too familiar with - dents in your door from other people opening their car door into yours, scuffs on bumpers, dings from a super market trolly coliding with your vehicle.

Well this is no exception. Bit more than a ding in the door...

Left my car for what must have been 40 mins max in the Sutton Morissons car park - the top open air one in case anyone knows it.

Came back to this:

:angry:

CIMG0065.jpg

:devil:

CIMG0064.jpg

:tsktsk:

CIMG0063.jpg

:msn-cry:

CIMG0062.jpg

:crying:

CIMG0061.jpg

Asked the trolly guy and customer services if they had CCTV in the car park - unfortunately not :(

All I remembered when I left the car was that the car next to me was a 4x4 of some sort.

Lexus Croydon have confirmed that this will be way more than my Insurance Excess (the paint spraying will cost at least my excess!), so insurance it is.

Still.

FFS.

ARGH

On another note, for your information a piece of the bumper mount was broken off, and the plastic part was indeed still stamped Toyota!

That's some shopping trolley that's dinged that!

Gutting when something like that happens though. Where is human decency to stop and leave your details - how could someone sleep at night knowing they may have been caught on CCTV (even though they weren't)?

Sorry to hear about it, hope it's sorted soon.

Keith

That is awful mate, can't believe someone could do that much damage and then not even leave a note :angry:

You've only had that car a few weeks as well haven't you? Is it just the bumper or is there any more damage? Hope you get it sorted soon......

that's pretty crappy mate. tbh, if it is someone in a 4x4, chances are they didn't even notice that the damage has been done to your car, given how robust 4x4 bumpers seem to be.

Man that's crap :angry: .... cops involved?

is there CCTV on the exit roads to the car park? you have the time frame that it happened so maybe they could see/get No's of 4x4 in the area heading away?

reminds me of "a now funny" story years ago when my wife came home with the rear of my Galant driven in badly, she said she came back and found it like that and someone must have backed into it, but the damage was too centered almost as if a bollard had run into it, she only confessed when i told her i was on my way to the cops to view CCTV footage of the car park....women!!! :hehe:

really annoying when this happens. i've still got a dent in door of GS I got a week after buying it where someone had opened their door against it. will need a whole door skin, but fortunately you can only spot it in good light and when clean, hence why it is dirty a lot.

sorry to hear of your woe though.

Gutted for you mate, what is the world coming to, although i wouldnt be sure its a 4x4 if it was the light should be smashed also at a guess from previous damage done, im thinkig mondeo size is that a bit of dirty green paint in it or just the way the light caught it ??

was there a car next to you when you arrived back to the car ?? or did people avoid the space

That is awful mate, can't believe someone could do that much damage and then not even leave a note :angry:

You've only had that car a few weeks as well haven't you? Is it just the bumper or is there any more damage? Hope you get it sorted soon......

Yup. 2 weeks exactly from new!!!

All damage is on the front bumper, but that may extend to the parking sensor, fog light and headlamp washer...

Sorting out insurance now. :angry:

that's pretty crappy mate. tbh, if it is someone in a 4x4, chances are they didn't even notice that the damage has been done to your car, given how robust 4x4 bumpers seem to be.

Man that's crap :angry: .... cops involved?

is there CCTV on the exit roads to the car park? you have the time frame that it happened so maybe they could see/get No's of 4x4 in the area heading away?

reminds me of "a now funny" story years ago when my wife came home with the rear of my Galant driven in badly, she said she came back and found it like that and someone must have backed into it, but the damage was too centered almost as if a bollard had run into it, she only confessed when i told her i was on my way to the cops to view CCTV footage of the car park....women!!! :hehe:

Didn't bother with cops. No witness. No CCTV. No point. :(

Am going back to Morrisons this afternoon to pick up my dry cleaning, so may ask about exit road CCTV...

But a work colleague was saying that if this was in CSI, there'd be forensics analysing the paint, arial satelite footage of the car park etc!!! :lol:

really annoying when this happens. i've still got a dent in door of GS I got a week after buying it where someone had opened their door against it. will need a whole door skin, but fortunately you can only spot it in good light and when clean, hence why it is dirty a lot.

sorry to hear of your woe though.

Hey Giblet,

Try the mobile dent-repairs people - they sorted out my old IS200 before. If the paintwork hasn't cracked etc, they can usually push the dent out from behind the door panel.

Cost me about £25 for a front wing ding iirc.

D.

It is still worth reporting it to the Police, as it has been known for people to worry about the CCTV then go and fess up to the Police so that they don't get done for not reporting an accident.

Long shot but who knows.

Really feel for you mate, happened on my previous car.

That is why whenever I park in tight car parks I always take a picture on my phone of who is parked either side just in case.

Hey Lee

I was thinking to myself like how could this really have been avoided?

1. Park in 2 spaces
  2. Dont got Supermarket/Morrison's
  3. Dont drive
  4. Stick cones around your car

And also taking photo of surrounding cars with your camera phone!

But it's all an overkill.

As much as I am annoyed, I know these things tend to happen.

C'est la vie.

I know how you feel Derek, someone hit my better halfs yaris last week, and drove off, it needs a front bumper, a bonnet and front slam panel. :shutit:

Eeesh! A fair bit of damage there then! Guess you going through the insurance process as well then.

Ggrrrrr..

I work on a retail park and one day I was goin into work and a car was "parked" at a funny angle next to another and it seems they'd left tha handbrake off and it had rolled about 25 yards from where the owners had originally left it, I took the details just incase, and about half an hour later the car had gone leaving a massive dent in the other poor driver's door, and no details, so I reported them to the other driver who called the police, and that was my good deed for the day, they got me a thank you card and everythin