Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Just A Small Supermarket Trolly Dent >:-(

derekyau

Really feel for you mate, happened on my previous car.

That is why whenever I park in tight car parks I always take a picture on my phone of who is parked either side just in case.

Hey Lee

I was thinking to myself like how could this really have been avoided?

1. Park in 2 spaces
  2. Dont got Supermarket/Morrison's
  3. Dont drive
  4. Stick cones around your car

And also taking photo of surrounding cars with your camera phone!

But it's all an overkill.

As much as I am annoyed, I know these things tend to happen.

C'est la vie.

Park in 2 spaces - already do!

Asda's a bit iffy too, all the bloody students and the people who live in the scummy areas go there in my city

I try to park next to cars that look clean and well looked after - Max Power kinda cars are the best because they're treated more like children than cars!

Excellent idea on taking pics on a camera phone of the cars either side, I'd never have thought of that.

What an absolute s**t , feel for you M8 , absoluteley gutting .The person who did this probably thought "Oh F**k Lexus !! Gonna cost a fortune to repair ......Seeya " . Typical of todays society , probablu some scumbag in a £200 quid banger with no insurance or licence (by the looks of it) . I suppose I,m quite lucky really with the people I know , having been in the motor trade for years and the friends you make , scratching each others backs etc . Still does'nt help you much , I wish it did .

Regards

Paul.

Thats really crap, I go in that car park a fair bit and I park on the top level right over the far side where its very quiet. Most folks park near the entrance. Missies always moans why I park so far away. Avoid busy days and always try park next to the nicest motor in there.

What an absolute s**t , feel for you M8 , absoluteley gutting .The person who did this probably thought "Oh F**k Lexus !! Gonna cost a fortune to repair ......Seeya " . Typical of todays society , probablu some scumbag in a £200 quid banger with no insurance or licence (by the looks of it) . I suppose I,m quite lucky really with the people I know , having been in the motor trade for years and the friends you make , scratching each others backs etc . Still does'nt help you much , I wish it did .

Regards

Paul.

Dont think you should judge people as scumbags because they drive a £200 quid banger because i also drive a £200 quid banger but i also :driving: a Lexus and I dont think i'm a scumbag :lol::lol:

I know how you feel Derek, someone hit my better halfs yaris last week, and drove off, it needs a front bumper, a bonnet and front slam panel. :shutit:

Eeesh! A fair bit of damage there then! Guess you going through the insurance process as well then.

Ggrrrrr..

Yes we are having to go through the insurance, it happened at the side of our house too !

feel for ya mate. i always park far away where no car is near in a supermarket. or one of the end spaces with more space. just today was parking up in tesco's and someone left a trolley after unloading and drove off, and because of the wind, it just went and hit 2 other cars at quite a speed. :|

Exactly the same thing happened to my GF who used to park in Tescos car park every day as she worked in offices in the same complex.

She had a nice football sized dent in her rear qtr above her bumper where sumone (probly a 4x4 judging by the height) had swung in to the bay next to her and swiped it. No note, not appology, no CCTV. She didnt have a protected NCB so we went down a local bodyshop who did a great job for the same price as her excess so she didnt need to claim.

I always ued to tell her stick it at the back where no on else parks , but in winter that was to dangerous as it was a long dark walk to the back end of the car park.

At my current work we also use an adjacent supermarket but I always stick it in the last disabled bay (its never used as its further away from the store than just above all other bays). It sounds a little harsh using a disabled bay but until people (or even the supermarkets) want to take responsiblilty for their actions then im affraid im willing to do it.

I am a (semi) beleiver in karma anyway, so hopefully what goes around comes around.

I always take photos of surrounding cars including number plates, I know of a traffic cop who does the same when off duty, then if any damage appears, pays a visit to the owner of the offending car, in his uniform

Just because the car was parked there when he arrived doesn't mean it was that car which did it. It's probably more likely someone swinging into the space than backing out - speed will be higher. And I doubt the car is gonna stay parked there if it's clouted you as it parked, leaving matching damage for you to find when you return...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links