Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Part Exchange Values

Has anyone noticed the recent drops in px ex values for the old shape IS ?

I checked parkers only last month for mine, and this week it seems to have dropped the price by around £1k.

I was wondering if this is due to;

1) new reg out,

2) recent talk of higher road tax prices or

3) There are more IS220/250 now on dealer forecourts and people would rather have a new shape as opposed to the old shape ?

I guess all of these factors are hitting used prices hard. I spoke to my local dealer who is now trying to not stock too many used old shape IS cars.

Your opinions please ?

I've noticed this too, its probably down to all 3 factors you have listed. The IS200/300 is going to further drop in value because of the new road tax scheme from 2009, unless you have a pre-2001 registered IS.

I have a pre-2001 registered IS (reg'd in November 2000), so the big road tax hike doesn't affect me, but I do not feel smug about this, as this (or any future government) will find a way/excuse to increase the road tax heavy polluting pre-2001 registered cars.

Personally, I am going to keep my IS200 for as long as I can, to me, it doesn't make sense to change cars for no reason- I tend to run my cars into the ground then replace them. I'm not made of money- I would only change cars if my circumstances change, eg: I need a bigger car becuase I need to carry more stuff around, my family is growing, I need a diesel becuase I am now doing more miles etc.

What is your reason for wanted to trade in your IS?