Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Change

Hi All,

I need to change the Oil on my 200,

I have had a look but im buggered if i can see where the filter is, any idea's???

also will there be any speacial tools needed to do it, or should i just book it in someware?

Thanks

Steve,

what usually do is drop it down to my local ats and let them do it only costs about £25-30 and saves me getting dirty

I believe you have to drop the engine cover to get good access to the oil filter & sump (about 6 small screws to remove the cover & can be done by crawling underneath), never had to do an oil change yet so I dont know the sump plug size - you'll need a filter strap for starters anyway. I intend to get every major service done at Lex & every intermediate done by myself if that helps.

Steve D

Oil filter is half way up the side of the block, towards the front of the engine on the inlet manifold side. It is more or less right above the cross member.

Real pig to get at.

I got two hands on it from above, and undid it by hand.

Last time I did it I couldn't undo the filter by hand no matter what angle I attacked it from.

I bet ATS use really good oil for that price LOL

I've also been told that the cheap places sometimes don't do the filter on the IS because it can be such a pain.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links