Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed Cameras

Steve

:mad:I'm just waiting at the moment because I think I was flashed the other night on the way home work

The problem is I don't know wether it was me or not.It was on a stretch of dual carrigeway with a 40mph speed limit ! .There was no other cars on my side of the road but ther was oncoming traffic on the opposite carrigeway.

The only thing is I was doing dead on 40mph

It flashed just as the back of my car was level with the camera and flashed again when I was about halfway through the trap

Anybody know If i've been caught for sticking to the speed limit ?:mad::mad:

well if it flashes twice, normally when ur 1/2 way thru the markings then the cam is armed and loaded with film, if its one flash dont worry aout it - thats for the ones in UK , in NL they flash once all the time. it has been known for the cameras to be incorrectly set, and yes they normally are set a bit above the speed limit otherwise they would be out of film in 5 mins!.

i find some glass etching compound does wonders for my speedo.:saint:

Since the cameras are all placed in obvious traffic accident blackspots such as wide open roads with inexplicably low speed limits, bottom of hills, etc.

And since they are for deterant not prosecution hence always being highly visible, such as behind grey signs, just through a bridge obscured by the column, in overgrowing trees........

I have invested in a couple of those hand 'accident blackspot detection devices' :smilegrin:

Not that I speed (to excess ) just that I prefer to keep my eyes on the road rather than constantly checking the speed and looking out for little grey revenue collection devices.

The one ommission from standard equipment in the IS200 manual is IMO cruise control! Far too easy for your speed to creep up unintentionally!

My trip back up north yesterday took me up the A120/M11/A14/A1 - how many cameras????? :o

Since the cameras are all placed in obvious traffic accident blackspots such as wide open roads with inexplicably low speed limits, bottom of hills, etc.

And since they are for deterant not prosecution hence always being highly visible, such as behind grey signs, just through a bridge obscured by the column, in overgrowing trees........

I have invested in a couple of those hand 'accident blackspot detection devices' :smilegrin:

Not that I speed (to excess ) just that I prefer to keep my eyes on the road rather than constantly checking the speed and looking out for little grey revenue collection devices.

The one ommission from standard equipment in the IS200 manual is IMO cruise control! Far too easy for your speed to creep up unintentionally!

My trip back up north yesterday took me up the A120/M11/A14/A1 - how many cameras????? :o

I know exactly what you mean.

Maybe we should post pics of cameras we have come across that have just so happened to have some sort of vandalism happen when we were safely tucked up in bed!:D:D:D

There are a new type of camera about which can take your picture from the front, these are smaller digital ones with round lense apatures in the front. If it was just your standard run of the mill camera it will flash but will take no picture.

i have been flashed from the front (steady now UK :) ) and did not get a ticket.. but then again alot of the cameras do not have any film in them. The one near me is empty.. the lens is not in the case but still flashes

remember if you get flashed and u get the police notification more that 14 days after the offence it is void! it has happened to me i got it 16 days after, i called plod and it was cancelled. !:D

It may also help (for those driving in London) to know that only 1 in 10 speeders are actually prosecuted purely because the met aren't efficient enough to process every offence within 14 days... I think its important to note that if more money went to those boys then no doubt that figure would increase, and we dont want that do we...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links