Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Importing

I've always wondered why when I order parts from companies throughout the world that I get differing import duties, I then noticed that I am NEVER charged import duties when ordering from Takakaira

Nice one Mr Takakaira, i'm off to order more goods from them!!!

Si

hmmmm

how much lower than invoice do they ship Si?

just arranged for a load of arm rests to be shipped from the US - have asked that they be marked as GIFT to try and avoid import duty - if marking the invoice amount down to below a certain level helps as well, I'll ask our supplier to do that as well.

;)

Dont talk to loud it a very serious affence you never know who is reading

You do not have to pay duties for some countrys if the product you are byeing is low production it that country and the they are a lowe growth country or some thing like that

hmmmm

how much lower than invoice do they ship Si?

just arranged for a load of arm rests to be shipped from the US - have asked that they be marked as GIFT to try and avoid import duty - if marking the invoice amount down to below a certain level helps as well, I'll ask our supplier to do that as well.

;)

Even if you mark items as GIFT you will still get charged import duty regardless

Si

Even if you mark items as GIFT you will still get charged import duty regardless

What Simon said here is true, Im a Japanese Anime fan, and i ordered stuffs both from US and Jap before, even items that marked as a GIFT or maked with a lower value, you still get a chance of having extra Duty charged to you... :angry::angry::angry:

Its a very shady are at the moment with the Iraqu thing some shipper even have to show there passports inorder to ship thing the security is so tight now the USA have what is called a Know shipper register and they would be silly to mess this list up for themselves it hard enough to ship from there as it is.

The amount when you dont pay duties is only about £50 so it would have to be pretty smallfor them not to want to inspect it.

takakaira add import duties in the overall cost

That doesn't sound right.

The supplier can't charge you the import duty or vat because that is paid to the government at the point of entry to the UK, and is collected by the freight firm from you.

The import duty varies according to the type of product, but car related stuff can be from about 3% up to 10%, then you pay vat on the value of the goods and on the import duty - which is a rip off, but ther you go - we have 5 million illegal immigrants and a war to pay for.

The best you can hope for is that your supplier will send an invoice with a low value. We do this all the time to our export customers, there is no loss to HMG only to the other country.

Hope that helps :)