Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Misting Can Be A Problem....

Please note my IS is an early IS without windscreen heated demister.

I can have my IS parked in the car park and the cars next to it aren't misted up/aren't so bad but mine is!

Is there a particular reason/science behind this? Type of glass used, design, build quality (thought IS is number 1 according to the yearly Auto Express Driver Power polls)?

Is it common to all ISs?

Applying Halfords own brand anti-mist solution many times makes virtually no difference - actually useless. Tried Rain-x Anti-mist and it has improved the situation but wasn't sure if I should completely remove the Halfords stuff off the interior windscreen and with what?

Does anyone please have any tips on how to reduce misting - special microfibre cloth or a better brand anti-fog liquid?

It can be hassle in the morning waiting for the misting to clear.

Thanks

Few possibilities. Check for any seals that have worn or perished. Simple thing you can try is to give the inside of the windows a good clean with alcohol or white vinegar - I suspect the cloth will be filthy when it's finished as dirt causes the windscreen to mist up. Last check your air recirculation is off. Hope that helps.

Sounds like a seal to me, does it have the original windscreen or a replacement, (could be when it was replaced it wasn't sealed properly) check all your door seals are on properly aswell when I got my Lex some of the door seals had come away and just needed cliping back in place, if it's not these then try what the other guys have said a good clean and use the a/c to clear it quicker.

As said before, keep your windows clean on the inside. Check the filter on the air supply is good. Don't use re-circ if fogging up, and put the air-con on even if cold. Air-con also dries the air - that's why the car drips water in the summer when you have the air-con on lots.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links