Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car's Clean So Here We Go

variousnewpics002dk6.th.jpg

variousnewpics006nm6.th.jpg

variousnewpics007ip0.th.jpg

and here's the first mod:

variousnewpics009sd7.th.jpg

kenwood DNX7200 with blutooth kit, FM traffic receiver for the sat nav, ipod video cable kit and rear parking camera

bar the voice activation that you get on the 250 MM, I think I've done quite well!

speakers are next on the list, I like the original speakers alot though so I'm a bit conflicted about what to do, I think I may just drive them with something a bit more beefy :) (amps been completely removed)

Then there's headrests to do (absolute pig of a job I imagine)

Then rear tints

and then If my wallet doesn't feel so light I'll start to think about SC and bodykits

oh and I'll be in to see Tony as soon as he's got some spare time!

nice...im having decisions on what to do and an quite content with the sound quality of the standard system.

head unit is fooked on mine and i considered the after market option. have you noticed much of a loss in quality with the removal of the amp? thats my biggest concern as i dont fancy butchering my car fitting new speakers etc.

depends entirely on the pre-amp on the headunit you're going for, mine's got pretty much the same power as the standard lexus amp, so no sound quality loss here (mind you I only had the car a week before I removed the headunit!)

Dan, I'm in the same boat as you mate.....

Id like a new setup like tHomBleached's, which by the way, is very cool.

But then I worked out what i would need, and it's proving too pricey.

Fargo's Satnav bypass unit £55

AutoLeads Facia, £20

Wozza style facia mod gear £20

Amp bypass lead £25

New HU, £180 [i'm keen on the Parrott RK8200]

so thats a total of £300... alot of money!

Dan, I'm in the same boat as you mate.....

Id like a new setup like tHomBleached's, which by the way, is very cool.

But then I worked out what i would need, and it's proving too pricey.

Fargo's Satnav bypass unit £55

AutoLeads Facia, £20

Wozza style facia mod gear £20

Amp bypass lead £25

New HU, £180 [i'm keen on the Parrott RK8200]

so thats a total of £300... alot of money!

i know what you mean mate.

been looking for a replacement Lexus head unit too (bottom loater) but they are A) as rare as rocking horse s**t, B ) Expensive if you do find one and C) likely to break.

variousnewpics002dk6.th.jpg

variousnewpics006nm6.th.jpg

variousnewpics007ip0.th.jpg

and here's the first mod:

variousnewpics009sd7.th.jpg

kenwood DNX7200 with blutooth kit, FM traffic receiver for the sat nav, ipod video cable kit and rear parking camera

bar the voice activation that you get on the 250 MM, I think I've done quite well!

so whats next on the list

the plastic fascia just had a wet n dry, then a matt spray, it's as good as you're going to get (in some lights you can still tell the difference) , the rubber seal needed a bit of coaxing to get it to sit perfectly (I use the tilt on the screen quite a bit, so it needed to be absolutely perfect)

Headrests :)

Orginaly I'd planned to fit a freeview box to the kenwood, but to be honest it seemed a bit like overkill. I'd love to fit an xbox (modded) into the boot somehow without getting rid of the spare, I've got a couple of chipped xbox's knocking around that could do with a home! But I'm not 100% sure what I'd do with them. Could either run a video input to the kenwood (and therefore use XBMC from the xbox) or treat the xbox like a USB hard drive as another media source (on top of the ipod)

EDIT: HID's are also on the list, but I know absolutely nothing about them, how to fit, whats good, price etc etc, so it's probably going to the back of the list

the plastic fascia just had a wet n dry, then a matt spray, it's as good as you're going to get (in some lights you can still tell the difference) , the rubber seal needed a bit of coaxing to get it to sit perfectly (I use the tilt on the screen quite a bit, so it needed to be absolutely perfect)

Headrests :)

Orginaly I'd planned to fit a freeview box to the kenwood, but to be honest it seemed a bit like overkill. I'd love to fit an xbox (modded) into the boot somehow without getting rid of the spare, I've got a couple of chipped xbox's knocking around that could do with a home! But I'm not 100% sure what I'd do with them. Could either run a video input to the kenwood (and therefore use XBMC from the xbox) or treat the xbox like a USB hard drive as another media source (on top of the ipod)

EDIT: HID's are also on the list, but I know absolutely nothing about them, how to fit, whats good, price etc etc, so it's probably going to the back of the list

nice stereo install i have a Kenwood DDX6029 i took out of my pajero when i sold it, i am considering fitting it in the lex but the standard stereo works fine and i am happy with quality etc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links