Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Easter Mods....

Just a couple of things I got up to over the bank holidays....

INDUCTION:

This thing is monsterous! I know i was warned, but still didn't expect quite so much......volume!

Had mixed reactions, and i can see why some dont like it! I've been told it sounds like, amongst other things, a space shuttle, and a milk float on steriods! My Dad heard it drive past: "What the **** is wrong with your engine?" Ha Ha!

I didn't extend and attach the sensor that was in the air box. Anyone know if i need to? Running fine without!

DSC00587.jpg

GEAR KNOB:

I don't have to show you a standard knob, i'm sure.

Mine was scratched right up where the previous owner has scraped it with her wedding ring!

Also, on a cold morning, the metal got very, well......cold! So swapped for a leather/carbon effect TRD one of the same size.

DSC00585.jpg

GRILL:

Again, ya know what a standard one looks like!

Lexus sign removed and TTE badge added. Simple, and in my opinion, effective.

DSC00584.jpg

REAR BADGING

Didn't quite get round to it! But am going to remove the KOMPRESSOR badge (from a Merc!) and replace it with a TTE Compressor one. As yet i've only got as far as (quite badly) photoshoping it:

16122007133.jpg

photolex2.jpg

Cheap(ish) mods, but it's the little details that make a great car great, IMHO anyway!

Edited by Bazza
swearing

good

more pictures of your super charger install :D

This is the engine bay with supercharger with standard airbox intake on it:

16122007137-1.jpg

If ya want more pic of the charger conversion, search this forum or check the Garage (Registry). There are loads on there...

Looks good mate, and the rear badge will def look better!

As for the induction kit, their great imho. had my neighbour stop me today and tell me it was like a "symphony" lol

As for the air temp sensor i just drilled a small hole in the induction kit by the charger intake and stuck it in there. just extended it with normal wire, never have found out if its thermocouple wire or just normal wire.

Stav

As for the induction kit, their great imho. had my neighbour stop me today and tell me it was like a "symphony" lol

As for the air temp sensor i just drilled a small hole in the induction kit by the charger intake and stuck it in there. just extended it with normal wire, never have found out if its thermocouple wire or just normal wire.

Stav

Well i bet your exhaust contributes alot more than mine! Symphony is better than milk float!

It sounds like nothing ive ever heard before, but i like it. Car still looks quite standard, but now people know that's it far from standard were it really matters!

There is a hole in the kit (second hand) for the sensor, but i've just taped it over!

My mate who helped me fit it (airbox bolts needed drilling out in several places!) reconed it was thermocouple, and was gonna extend it, then we both forgot!

Car still looks quite standard, but now people know that's it far from standard were it really matters!

It's lots of fun looking at shocked faces in the traffic light Grand Prix with no badges to give clues away.:lol:

Understated & subtle is the way I like it, your new induction roar kinda gives it away tho.

Nice gearknob too btw.

Lookin good mate, defo need to get that badge removed, i know a few ppl who have got the TTE Supercharger Badge on but im gonna be leaving it off :shifty: thats when i get round to actually fittin it as its been in my loft now for ooohhh.....5 months!!!

I bet a few ppl will be thinkin im mad lol!!!

nice additions matey.

i personally dont like the induction, but its very much an aquired taste.

the s/c on its own gives a very subtle noise that certainly turns heads through town etc, but i bet that has everyone ducking for cover :lol: :winky:

Lookin good mate, defo need to get that badge removed, i know a few ppl who have got the TTE Supercharger Badge on but im gonna be leaving it off :shifty: thats when i get round to actually fittin it as its been in my loft now for ooohhh.....5 months!!!

I bet a few ppl will be thinkin im mad lol!!!

5months! your MAD! lol

Nice gearknob too btw.

All over the eBay, £15-20.

its been in my loft now for ooohhh.....5 months!!!

MADNESS!!!

i personally dont like the induction, but its very much an aquired taste.

i bet that has everyone ducking for cover

Yes I agree with that. May change it back at some point.....but not for a while!

yes you need to fit the temp sensor otherwise the ECU will be reading the engine bay temperature and not the air temperature. the cable to/from the temp sensor is normal cable - so no worries about thermocouple cable. the sensor is just a basic thermal resistor anyway.

yes you need to fit the temp sensor otherwise the ECU will be reading the engine bay temperature and not the air temperature. the cable to/from the temp sensor is normal cable - so no worries about thermocouple cable. the sensor is just a basic thermal resistor anyway.

Yeh will do. Knew i should have done it before but it started raining so gave up!!!

If you would like some directions or guidance on wiring up the Temperature Sensor, please refer to the link below. These are a series of steps I documented whilst wiring myself:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...st&p=442165

All the best,

Jamie

Useful, thanks man.

Yeh will do. Knew i should have done it before but it started raining so gave up!!!

If you would like some directions or guidance on wiring up the Temperature Sensor, please refer to the link below. These are a series of steps I documented whilst wiring myself:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...st&p=442165

All the best,

Jamie

Useful, thanks man.

It should be noted that the hole I made in the induction kit(jamie bought it from me) is meant to be used with the air temp sensor grommet that is in the airbox , otherwise the temp sensor is a bit loose.

i think its the little details that make the difference i also need a new gear knob as mine is in the same states as ur i guess with the wedding ring worn off all the chrome. Seen a nice sparco on for £15 on eBay so might treat myself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links