Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I have been trying to look into updating the satnav on my 1998 GS300 but not sure what I need. The cd says on it version 2.1 but what does this mean compared to updates which specify a generation number? Would my version be able to take the most recent update?

And last question, would I be correct in assuming this is a normal cd and not a dvd?

Thanks in advance

Leigh

Try here dude, loads cheaper than the dealers too

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

Thanks for the link, although it wouldn't accept the part number on my cd. Perhaps my version is too old.

It has on the disc, ver.2.1 Data '98-99 and two rows of numbers, 08664-50820 and 86271-15v250

Would any higher version work providing it is on a cd and not a dvd?

Thanks again for your help

No you have to make sure you get the right CD for your version of sat nav, as there were a couple of different systems fitted.

I dont know why the number you put in didnt work, it should. Try going to a Lexus dealer and get them to get the part number for you, and then see if you can get it from the above site

My LS400 has the old CD based system instead of the DVD. I think all LS and GS cars from 1998-2000 have CD systems. I very recently purchased a 2007-2008 Nav CD from:

http://www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk/

Cheaper than the lexus dealer price i think.

The CD says its compiled from map data as at Nov 2006.

A new feature allows you to input door number into the nav (but not postcode).

It took a 2 - 3 weeks to arrive because its just come out and there is high demand for it. It arrived all new and packed, the genuine thing and i'm pleased with it. My old one was also a version 2.1 from 1998.

As regards the version 2.1 means that its version 2.1 for that particular year. doesnt really tell you which year it is i think.

by the way i tried http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ aswell but i think they dont cater for the old Cd based systems. only the newer DVD ones. Last time i tried it didnt even have an option of the LS400.

Thanks for the help, looks like cheap Toyota parts is the one.

Are more roads displayed on the 2007-2008 nav cd? Door numbers sound like it will be more accurate but there are a lot of roads on the 1998 cd with no names.

I dont think there will be many more roads on the CD as such. i put both old and new CDs in my PC drive and both were pretty full up (650 / 700 MB). The amount of data you can store on a CD is pretty limted so its not surprising. Although all new major roads are probably updated. On a DVD you can store anything up 4.7GB or 8.4 GB if dual layer hence better coverage. I live in London and the coverage for in and around London was very good even on the old one. However it is still very useful for having updated roundabouts, road juntions, changes to one ways, M6 toll road etc (which havn't tested yet). However all the points of interets and labeling on the Maps is updated which is also quite useful when trying to find a place.

My old one was Ver 2.1 Data '98-9, 08664-50820 / 86271-15V250.

My new one is 2007-2008 Ver 1, 08927-50813 / 86271-15V464 / 99001-02070.

I was looking through the little booklets which came with the nav CD both old and new and its seems there is a big improvement in coverage. The stats are:

1998-99 Ver 2.1:

773,253 objects for total cen be selected

741,100 steets

25,100 city centres

1,300 hotels

800 restaurants

500 tourist points

2,300 fuel stations

1,800 parking areas

...and more

2007-2008 Ver 1:

1,487,500 objects for total cen be selected

1,364,000 steets

49,900 city centres

18,100 hotels

34,400 restaurants

3,700 tourist points

11,500 fuel stations

5,900 parking areas

...and more

Looks like your old version is the same as mine. Guess that would mean I need the same update that you got.

Looks quite an improvement. Just need to raise some cash now.

Thanks,

Leigh

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links