Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nokia Car Kit

Can anyone please help me!

I want to fit a Nokia Car Kit to my IS200 and have it mute the stereo when a call comes in as well as putting the sound through the speakers.

I have asked a guy I know who fits car kits, and he has said that it is difficult as there is no radio mute cable etc.

Has anyone fitted a car kit (I can't believe that no-one hasn't!) to an IS200.

If you have, please can you let me know the way it is done so I can get it sorted out!

Cheers,

Andrew

:blush::blush: :duh:

It is very easy, I had a bracket fitted between the radio and the side of the dash with no drilling and had the speaker fitted to the fuse box cover, (cheap and easy to replace) Mutes radio no problem. Depending on where you are give Neil Mason a call on 07973 956184 and tell him Jarrod sent you. B)

I have a Nokia car kit fitted to my car and I was told by more than one source that you can't have the radio mute feature working with the IS radio. :(

I would love to get mine changed so it did mute it. So am I right in thinking that I need to buy another cable or something to get it to mute :duh:

OK.

I've been trawling these posts for a while, and these are the conclusions

- You CAN have the phone kit both mute the stereo, AND use the car's speakers

- This works on ALL IS models, including those with the amp (anything but the early S types) and satnav

- Despite my best efforts, I've only found one dealer nationally who knows how to do this

I have an Ericsson phone, and my kit is being fitted on Tuesday next week (grrr... installer failed to pitch last week, but see my "only national installer" comment). Mattj, who found these folk, has a nokia kit.

They don't offer gold discount (yet!) but the lovely Liz at Security World is very helpful. If you contact them, tell them you're from LOC, and we'll get some discount yet!

IIRC correctly, the satnav mute/attenuate uses a specific connection on the amp ECU. Whereas, the phone mute (used to be) a cable that came out of the back of the stereo itself.

There has been a great deal of dicussion over the new style stereo unit (CD at the top) as to whether this has a mute cable or not. I've yet to find out - but the old one definately did ;)

- You CAN have the phone kit both mute the stereo, AND use the car's speakers

- This works on ALL IS models, including those with the amp (anything but the early S types) and satnav

- Despite my best efforts, I've only found one dealer nationally who knows how to do this

They don't offer gold discount (yet!) but the lovely Liz at Security World is very helpful. If you contact them, tell them you're from LOC, and we'll get some discount yet!

I too have spoken to Security World and agree they appear to be the only company able to offer this feature.

A couple of things that put me off (slightly) was that the volume of the call was still controlled by the phone (a necessity due to feedback) and not the stereo and it is only wired through ONE of the car speakers. So all you are really gaining is a slightly better speaker (and the mute of course).

Hi All

I had my 02 SE fitted with a Nokia car kit through Lexus Reading (I actually paid the guy direct)

Mike (@ Lexus Reading) uses the same guy for all of the car kits to the cars they sell

AND my stereo mutes when a call comes in or I make an out going call !

I was advised not to have the output through the stereo speakers though as the volume is controlled by the phone.

Cost was £199 inc fitting and VAT

Oh and he did an outstanding job too!

Regards Steve

So guys...help me out here :unsure: Does anyone know what I need to do to get my current car kit to mute when I receieve and make a call? If it's something simple like swop some cables or attach another cable then I'd rather do it myself then contact a company.

• 1 year later...

:offtopic:

I've got an older style Nokia car kit. The one for the phone with the plug in the back, but now have a Nokia 3100.

Is it possible to just change the phone cradle, or does the whole thing need replacing?

So guys...help me out here :unsure: Does anyone know what I need to do to get my current car kit to mute when I receieve and make a call? If it's something simple like swop some cables or attach another cable then I'd rather do it myself then contact a company.

Mine is just switched with a relay. When the phone rings it cuts off the power to the stereo. Switching it off. Just as good as a mute for me. :winky: