Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Express Super Saloon Mega Test!

just stumbled across this video, sadly im at work and have no speakers so cant hear the review

A link for those confused

Super Saloons

stupid me, how could i forget to post the link :blush::tomato:

Just finished watching it. Pointless review to be honest. Just talked about each car. Mentioned the torque of each compaired to the others but that's it really. Said nothing bad about any of them and didn't even pick his favourite at the end.

Why bother reviewing them together if your not going to compair.

Monster engine in the Mercedes, but when Clarkson drove it it shredded its tyres and had a poorly functioning traction control system.

For me (if I had the money) it would be the IS-F.

I'd bet the Lexus is better built than either the BMW or Mercedes as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I collected my IS 200SE from Woodford (60k service plus other bits, price= liver and kidneys :tsktsk: ) anyway as I walked passed one of the windows saw a black IS F, I stop dead in my tracks and couldn't move, and I normally don't behave in that way at all, but it looked breathtaking!

When i composed myself I enquired about the chance of getting closer (it was sealed off from us poor folk), the service person said, it was a customers car, and any one interested in owning the same model car (just about everyone here) would have to book an appointment and viewing would be by appointment only, she also told me no one at Woodford had driven one yet!

I think lexus have done a fine job of making something different from the usual M3 stuff!

If money was no option I had to choose in order of preference :

IS F because it's great looking, fast, different and because it can do the same job as the others (not going to be common)

RS4: Looks great, massive grip

C63: power

M3: looks ok

Just interested on other peoples thoughts, because if my numbers come up you know what I'm going to buy and get moddified!

I collected my IS 200SE from Woodford (60k service plus other bits, price= liver and kidneys :tsktsk: ) anyway as I walked passed one of the windows saw a black IS F, I stop dead in my tracks and couldn't move, and I normally don't behave in that way at all, but it looked breathtaking!

When i composed myself I enquired about the chance of getting closer (it was sealed off from us poor folk), the service person said, it was a customers car, and any one interested in owning the same model car (just about everyone here) would have to book an appointment and viewing would be by appointment only, she also told me no one at Woodford had driven one yet!

I think lexus have done a fine job of making something different from the usual M3 stuff!

IS F because it's great looking, fast, different and because it can do the same job as the others (not going to be common)

Just interested on other peoples thoughts, because if my numbers come up you know what I'm going to buy and get moddified!

Hi Matey, Took delivery of mine last wednesday, yep your right they are all they are cracked up to be, the sound is awesome, and when you want the power I can asure you its there, comfort is just like my is 250 sport was, some people say that the isf is a little harder ride due to the suspension but the seats are slightly different and seem more supple, mine is a cadoxton slate colour with black seats and blue stitching, I have had four lexus now and please with all of them, its nice to know they are not a common car, keep saving you will get one if you want it badly enough.

Hi Matey, Took delivery of mine last wednesday, yep your right they are all they are cracked up to be, the sound is awesome, and when you want the power I can asure you its there, comfort is just like my is 250 sport was, some people say that the isf is a little harder ride due to the suspension but the seats are slightly different and seem more supple, mine is a cadoxton slate colour with black seats and blue stitching, I have had four lexus now and please with all of them, its nice to know they are not a common car, keep saving you will get one if you want it badly enough.

I think I need to raid the penny jars of all the children in london :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links