Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Special Edition Is200

It's a bit "Max Power" for my liking!

Something looking that lairy needs either 200bhp+ or a 1.3L engine and a 17 year old driver with a reversed baseball cap.

Peter

PS Will it have bright pink "glow in the dark" washer jets?

There was one at Lexus Pools open thing knowone see it it was one that had been done by lexus GB not the specil ones coming in form Jap but it gives you an idea there is only a very limited number coming in cant remember but i think it was one per dealer or some thing like that (not 100% on the numbers)

to all the dealers out there

why is lexus doin this? :( special editions are reserved for the, lets say, compromised brands, e.g. no names, you know who i'm talking about :D

if its about removing final stock, there's only one per dealer, so it obviously isnt that :blink:

also new IS is still a way off isnt it?

Couple of points, there are only 54 being produced in a special colour so 1 per dealer and a few for internal Lexus GB use. The car is exactly as per a IS200 Sport with Styling Kit, so it is purely the colour which differentiates it. Secondly the car is good value as there is no charge for either the special colour or indeed the styling kit. In other words the car is priced as per a normal Sport without Metallic Paint.

Colour is a very personal thing but as each dealer will only have 1 car to sell, there are approx 50 for a population of roughly 60 million people.

Australia had the limited edition "Yellow" back in 2000 with only 100 available in the country. Each was individually numbered with a plague on the dash.

Plague? hmmm where are the owners now? :blush: :P

Australia had the limited edition "Yellow" back in 2000 with only 100 available in the country.  Each was individually numbered with a plague on the dash.

LOL!

Yellow Fever perhaps? :)

BTW, I guess this SE is the/a marketing "mid-life kick", in which case, more effort required on the part of Lexus... how about something meaty like a IS 300 manual? ...they've got the parts bin to do it.

Also, I agree that the SE route is a bit down-market, I still laugh when I see a Mercedes 'Elegance' :D

More suggestions for Lexus parts bin specials?

There was some interest in a cabriolet, tough maybe it would be a SportsRoof or somesuch in Lexus parlance :)

Nige

Wow!

nice article Steve - from Lexus GB too - so straight from the horses mouth!

Thats a nice picture too - much better quality.

Seeing that picture, makes me think that it's not as bad as I first thought.

It's still not for me, but it certainly looks eye catching.

Heads would turn driving that - guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...
Australia had the limited edition "Yellow" back in 2000 with only 100 available in the country.  Each was individually numbered with a plague on the dash.

:P Yes, yellow fever. Fixed the typo :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links