Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

220d Re-call X 2

GWilso

• 1 year later...

sorry to bump an old thread but just thought i would add to this. I to am really struggelling to get past 30mpg and get as low as 25 driving like an old granny. changed the driving style to be a bit more agressive and now i get 30 ish but rearly get any higher. I also got mine from Hedge end and lets just say i wont be going back but sadly stuck with the car for another 3 yrs :( should have kept my land rover discovery! at Least then i had an excuse to only get 30mpg!

I always fill my tank to the brim and wait until the low fuel light comes on before I fill up, so I keep a close eye on consumption. Over the last 3-4 months the fuel consumption has dropped from 42mpg to 33mpg. I do about 500-600 miles a week so the difference is felt in my pocket. I just recently cleaned the EGR valve and more importantly the port below it. I filled up and I also tried the Redex diesel additive (I know I shouldn't have done both at the same time because I won't know which had the greatest effect!). Half way through my first tank since and I'm up at 39mpg and rising.

Everyone is either sick of the poor fuel consumption or is sick listening to people complain. If I could switch to the petrol engine I would. Probably 25% more expensive fuelwise, but I think it's worth it for the enjoyment and reliability. I don't like automatics though!

• 4 months later...

Hi, new to this forum so please bear with me.

Recently bought a IS 220d on a 56 plate and my MPG is very very low. I'm using it as a taxi in Sheffield which is very full of hills, which I know add to the problem but I have only been getting 23 mpg. I know that isn't right. All advice welcome and needed please. If I got over 30 mpg I would be fine with it but 23 mpg just isn't acceptable.

Hi, new to this forum so please bear with me.

Recently bought a IS 220d on a 56 plate and my MPG is very very low. I'm using it as a taxi in Sheffield which is very full of hills, which I know add to the problem but I have only been getting 23 mpg. I know that isn't right. All advice welcome and needed please. If I got over 30 mpg I would be fine with it but 23 mpg just isn't acceptable.

put some injector cleaner through it,the millers stuff works,let us know how it is after that.

• 1 month later...

put some injector cleaner through it,the millers stuff works,let us know how it is after that.

Thanks for the advice buddy. I'll give it a try as soon as I can. Anything is worth a try. I'll let you know how it goes on.

Having read through this thread I assume most of you have bought your cars from main dealers.

I bought my 2006 Lexus from a garage in Bristol although the car does have full Lexus dealer service history.

Am I entitled to the recalls as I never bought it from main dealer?

I currently get about 32-35mpg and performance is quite sluggish off the Mark although feelscok once into second/ third gear etc.

Carl

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links