Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Compressor Parts List

i had an email back from florian earlier and he said the kit was

6385.94 eur +94 eur shipping

6467.47 eur including fitting in germany

and he could do a discount........................................................................

................................................................................

..............................................wait for it..............................................................................

................................................................................

....................................................................of 205 eur per kit if we bought the last 4

bargain!

:sick:

• 1 month later...

Good day, I'm new to the IS and i was thinking about atempting the same (finding an alternate charger and getting the other parts made)Trying to ship a kit from germany (if they still have :question: ) to the US is just too expensive to be worthwhile. I thought about turbocharging instead but i prefer a bolt on option that doesn't require modifying internals and too much guesswork. :whistling: How's this option going? i saw a few eaton m62's on eBay but they were for a pontiac or something (the snout looks alot longer :unsure: ) Does anyone have the assembly instructions/specs for the tte charger kit so maybe i can start tracking down the intercooler, pipework and maybe the pulleys? Also i like the oem look the tte air filter has. does anybody have a used one they're willing to sell? :shifty:

Any advice would be appreciated

I have a 1G-FE RHD IS200 SE with the TRD circuit suspension coilovers and i already upgraded the brakes.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have gotten word back from TTE and they were wondering why there was such a big interested in supercharger parts. :whistling:

These are the prices given to me.

1; AM 27962 kit,hoses 38-46-50, 38-46-70, 50-59-110, 50-59-80, 60-70-80 no stock

2; AM 27959 housing, compressor outlet 222,88 €

3; AM 27936 ECU extension 598,59 €

4; AM 27929 valve, assy, bypass, cable operated 302,07 €

5; AM 27531 compressor unit 2019,43 €

6; AM 27966 extension, P/S cooling tube bracket 4,75 €

7; AM 27934 tube adapter for throttle body 520,41 €

8; AM 27933 intercooler assy 660,71 €

9; AM 27964 stay, compressor bracket 22,10 €

10; AM 27960 bracket, airfilter box 27,61 €

11; AM 27717 bracket, compressor 636,55 €

12; AM 27961 bracket, airfilter fixation no Stock

13; AM 27928 tube compressor to I /C (2 part type) 48,25 €

14; AM 27843 tube, bypass, 38mm 42,68 €

15; AM 27927 tube, I/C to inlet manifold (2 part type) 31,54 €

16; AM 27931 housing, airfilterbox 843,89 €

17; AM 27932 insert airfilter TOYOTA P/N 17801 - 64010 30,54 €

18; AM 27965 bracket, intercooler 5,50 €

19; AM 27939 tensioner, belt no stock

20; AM 27935 pulley (dia=130mm) 144,81 €

21; AM 27938 belt (5PK800) 28,29 €

22; AM 27930 housing, bypass to compressor 437,82 €

23; AM 27958 cable, compressor bypass, spare 30,54 €

24; AM 27963 support compressor bracket 17,90 €

Silentblock intercoolerbracket x2 no Stock

Silentblock air box 20x20 M6x15 no Stock

Hope this helps

I decided to make my own compressor so I need your help.

First I need to buy a 98-00 MB 230 CLK/SLK compressor, that come with electromagnetic clutch but can be removed easy.

I need know the size of some parts.

Intercooler no problem:

TTE Intercooler

Core Size

430 x 115 x 51

Inlet/Outlet Diameter 54mm

New Intercooler

Core size

531 x 180 x 63

(180 - 20 = 160mm high of unrestricted airflow)

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=52070

Housings no problem will be built on the fly.

Problems:

TTE airbox, I don't wanna direct air filter.

Tensioners, pulley and by pass.

The pulley of compressor have 130 mm. of diameter and can be built, but how wide?

I need also pics of the accommodation of the tensioner.

How does the bypass? When you open the throttle is opened too? What it's the function?

Somebody have a pic of the layout?

The compressor bracket must be built on the fly, seems difficult.

Thanks in advance.

for the supercharger mate, the electric clutch is still built into the TTE ones, just the wires cut off and three little bolts keeping it permanatly connected.

The bypass is attached to the throttle, its open when your off throttle and then the wire attached to the throttle pulls it shut, stopping it bypassing. with a spring to help it open again

It wont be easy to make the kit mate, why not just buy Gords? i'm sure postage isnt that bad overall.

Stav

for the supercharger mate, the electric clutch is still built into the TTE ones, just the wires cut off and three little bolts keeping it permanatly connected.

The bypass is attached to the throttle, its open when your off throttle and then the wire attached to the throttle pulls it shut, stopping it bypassing. with a spring to help it open again

Thanks for your answer!

It wont be easy to make the kit mate, why not just buy Gords? i'm sure postage isnt that bad overall.

Stav

I think the same thing, but obviously not, is proving difficult for me to buy one and I have made several attempts. On the other hand I like the challenge, I see it feasible (with the help of all of you) and I suppose that cost will be less. All these factors have made me decide.

I guarantee you that building a kit yourself will cost far more than Gords offer.

Since the price I wanted for a perfect compressor allready is out of your budget (it was extremely low compared to the prices worn ones bring on ebay) building a kit will become a hopeless task and it might be wiser to keep the car original.

So my only advice will be to keep is realistic and count in that a kit will cost you over 2000 pound in the end or stay away from this project (and be honest, if it was cheap or easy numbers of member would allready have done the trick without buying overpriced TTE kits)

I guarantee you that building a kit yourself will cost far more than Gords offer.

Since the price I wanted for a perfect compressor allready is out of your budget (it was extremely low compared to the prices worn ones bring on ebay) building a kit will become a hopeless task and it might be wiser to keep the car original.

So my only advice will be to keep is realistic and count in that a kit will cost you over 2000 pound in the end or stay away from this project (and be honest, if it was cheap or easy numbers of member would allready have done the trick without buying overpriced TTE kits)

I have already tried to buy a compressor for 2000 pounds but this has not happened.

Thanks for your advice but indeed your argument puts out of my budget the price of the compressor that you offer me.

Add new info in this topic:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...pressor+rebuild

"u can also order a cable operated valve instead from magnusson

for info the pulley on the compressor is 110mm"

"the pulley on the water pump is 130mm"

Edit, the correct link is: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...pressor+rebuild

if i was you i would forget it mate, as this is what i looked into doing before i went with the turbo setup, you would be best puting a turbo on your IS as the bits do not work out that much to buy, i think the one item that would cost the most would be the manifold ( ie' custom made one ) i put a turbo on my IS 3 years ago and i did it by buying it bit by bit and when i had it all i fitted it, worked out about £1,200 :)

If you're good with tools a turbo would be the way to go (a new Garett or IHI with a bit of luck won't cost half of a M62 that will set you back approx 1400 pound, and good ones with not too high mileage are rare).

By the way you could go BOV and drop the valve (I shut mine and ran the car for severall months on just the BOV which worked out just fine)

I should discard the turbo because the ITV (MOT) don't accept it, require a lot of money and paperwork to legalise and the S/C it's more easy to do.

Also I hope to find a very cheap MB compressor in some scrapyard, and at the moment two major problems have disappeared, the setup with a HKS FCD and the bypass with a BOV, but the TTE airbox, the tensioner, and the compressor bracket worries me.

I'm will be very grateful if someone can be puts some pics about of details about tensioner and the rest of the installation taken from near.