Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Lock Confirmation Beep

I've always fancied the electronic *ouipp ouipp* when some cars are locked/unlocked. I don't know about England, but in Sweden these confirmation beeps are very rare. A few cars honk their horns but that's different.

A new way of stealing stuff from cars is becoming more and more popular among thieves. It's by using remote lock jammers. Most people don't look at their cars when locking them and therefore don't see if the indicators flash or not. They just trust their remote keys.

Now I've got a reason for making my car beep upon locking. I did a quick search and found this article. Just thought I'd share it with those of you who might be interested in doing the same.

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_2260/article.html

A lad off hear contacted me a while ago about sorting that out,

I thought about using the signal from the alarm to the hazards connected to a buzzer?

That way you'd get two "buzzes" when you locked the car?

You'd have to put a diode in the circuit though so it doesnt go backwards when you put the indicators on.

I think that'll work anyway, never got round to it, and you'd need a high pitched buzzer.

Stav

Altezza's don't come with an alarm as standard but they do beep once when locking and twice when unlocking, I'd prefer if it also flashed the indicators as sometimes in busy places it's hard to hear was it one or two beeps...

Altezza's don't come with an alarm as standard but they do beep once when locking and twice when unlocking, I'd prefer if it also flashed the indicators as sometimes in busy places it's hard to hear was it one or two beeps...

I never knew that!

Anyway i've ordered a buzzer off eBay so i'll let you all know the outcome.

Stav

i looked something similar ages ago but now i have the mirror closure module so its a visual indication

do you mean when you lock your doors the mirrors close? i want this to happen everytime i turn off the engin/start it

Why everytime you turn the engine off? that'd just be annoying,

When you lock the car would be best. if you look in the workshop section geoffers wiring diagram is there on how to do it.

Stav

i had a toad ai606 on my old car, made a beep beep sound, but i much prefer the *ouipp ouipp*! like those in fast and furious movies. i even liked the horn like on american cars, they werent a full horn, more of a soft honk

The beep is just annoying.

The alarm on my Tezza does a double beep when its armed.

My other car has a Toad Ai606 and you can select to arm without the beep and I use that every time.

Can you not hear the central locking shut? It's enough for me.

• 2 months later...