Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet Another Tyre Question - Sorry

Hi all,

Need some more advice,

I was looking for 2 Goodyear F1 GSD3's on the blackcircles website. When I searched for 215/45/17's, I didnt find any Goodyear tryes. When I searched for 225/45/17, There were 3 optins in Goodyear, F1 GSD3, F1 GSD3 reinforced and Eagle asymmetrics reinforced.

I have no idea what to go for, I think 215/45/17 is the standard tyre for IS200SE but Blackcircles.com dont seem to have that in stock. Can anyone please tell me what reinforced means. I am also not sure what the figures in brackets mean (91, 94 etc).

Thanks in advance,

Abhinav

I bought 4 GSD3 reinforced tyres from Blackcircles a month or so ago. They had both 215 & 225 sizes on their site then (the IS300 takes 215 on the front and 225 on the back). The reinforced tyres have a stiffer sidewall, which seems to suit the IS nicely. I’m certainly happy with them.

Reinforced in tyres means the tyre has more banding strength and will withstand more weight , the 94 No's are the load ratio

215 is the nominal width of the tyre in mm' s 45 is the height of the sidewall as a percentage of the width an 17 is the rim size,

camskill.co.uk

great prices, even better service.

Ive ordered my past few sets of tyres from there, could it be work maybe some trying to get a link with them for gold members?

Yep get them from Camskill, immediate delivery and best prices around. Also go for the asymmetrics, just got some myself and they're great - plus they're newer than the GSD3s so would hope they're an improvement :)

I got 4x GSD3s from Camskill as well. I wouldn't even consider fitting tyres myself but any tyre garage will fit them for you for a fee (which you have to factor in when choosing tyres). 4 tyres cost me £300 and even somewhere like Kwik Fit will only charge you something in the region of £40 - 45 for fitting, balancing and new valves yet if you bought 4x GSD3s from them and had them fitted, they would charge close to £500 :whistling:

I bought from black circles and when i went to get them fitted the garage said he could have sold them to me cheaper than the price black circles were selling at. Check around, just becuase they are online, online companies are not always the cheapest.

As a footnote, i went back 3 months later for another tyre and yes he was cheaper, it wasn't just talk.

Also worth considering, when they give you a price they are usually working on their cost price plus their usual percentage margin. They don't always give their 'best price'!

If you say "I've been offered these for same tyres £xxx, but would rater deal with you." Most decent places will take a small cut in margin to get the sale, and match it!

I've found this many times. I'm in furniture retail myself and the same theory applies.

even somewhere like Kwik Fit will only charge you something in the region of £40 - 45 for fitting, balancing and new valves

Did you actually get kwikfit to do it? No kwikfit will do it round by me, if they didn't supply it, they won't fit it. Even when they took a tyre off which they had supplied and I tried to get them to put it back on later, they refused.