Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanting A Sports Grll

Hi

I recently posted about my stone magnet front grill which since I bought my IS200 LE 4 weeks ago seems to have taken some stick on the motorway and now looks like it's peppered with silver paint flecks.

Some peole have suggested swappng the grill for a sports mesh one. I have not contacted a Lexus dealer yet but lookng on eBay they all seem to be colour coded and as the sport was not available in the LE colour , Kodiak Sky, it seems like it maight be a tough/expensive task sourcing one.

Does anyone have any experience here that they can share?

Can the Lexus dealers source what I am after in the right colour and if so any idea of price? Some people suggest circa £35 but that sounds cheap for a main dealer. Or can you suggest where else I should look?.

Many thanks B)

Found a chap on eBay who appears to have a plentyful supply of sports grills.

I have contacted him and he claims to be able to supply in Kodiak Sky.

With delivery he is looking for £71

Sounds expensive at first if typical dealer price in another colour is £35, but how much would painting cost?

Is this a reasonable price? :huh:

Cheers.

Ebay item - sports grill

Dont u fancy comeing 2 the Doncaster meet your not 2 far away

Thanks, definitely interested, what are the details?

Meet Info

Grill does sound alot most spray them themselves i sprayed my own eyebrows

Just rung Lexus Exeter today to source a grille for a fellow member (P.Lindblom - sport grille not available in Sweden!)

They told me just over £100!!! and couldn't tell me if that was sprayed or not!!!!!!

If i were you i'd get a £35 if ya can, and a bodyshop shouldn't charge more than £50 to spray it PERFECTLY.

Thou the eBay guy looks reasonable, if his spraying is up to standard (only one way to find out!)

Just rung Lexus Exeter today to source a grille for a fellow member (P.Lindblom - sport grille not available in Sweden!)

They told me just over £100!!! and couldn't tell me if that was sprayed or not!!!!!!

If i were you i'd get a £35 if ya can, and a bodyshop shouldn't charge more than £50 to spray it PERFECTLY.

Thou the ebay guy looks reasonable, if his spraying is up to standard (only one way to find out!)

£100+, Lexus Stoke do them for £36 you'd think they would all sell them at the same price! I think if it was me i'd buy the grill from another dealer and get Halfords to mix you the paint from the cars colour code and spray it yourself as its not a big piece to spray which is what i've done a few times now? :D

was goin to try exeter dealer myself, will have to try plymouth, why are they rippin us off down here!!!!! :ban-em:

Local boy eh?

Try them mate. I rang up (hard to get down there in working hours). Go in there and say you've been quoted £35 by Lexus ******** (somebody please confirm where they are def 35).

If they still want silly money, ask why!!!

Thou the ebay guy looks reasonable, if his spraying is up to standard (only one way to find out!)

Thanks a lot anyway, mate :)

I've just ordered a platinum ice sports grille from one of the eBay guys. We'll see how it looks when it arrives.

yeah stoney, work at wheatons so not far to go and get a price, as you said can some one confirm which dealers do them for £35-36 so i can go and haggle and post results!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links