Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sportcross Locks/alarm

Hi, can anybody please tell me if there is a way of locking my Spotrcross without setting the alarm ie leave the dog in it after a walk while I go for a coffee without setting the alarm off. Previous cars(non Lexus) all had a button to dis able the internal movement sensors. If inserted into the door lock the key seems to do nothing, is this correct or have I got a problem?

Thanks in advance Tony

Hi, can anybody please tell me if there is a way of locking my Spotrcross without setting the alarm ie leave the dog in it after a walk while I go for a coffee without setting the alarm off. Previous cars(non Lexus) all had a button to dis able the internal movement sensors. If inserted into the door lock the key seems to do nothing, is this correct or have I got a problem?

Thanks in advance Tony

You could try unlocking the car not openning it and letting it re-lock itself.

Worth a go.

You need to open the drivers door, then lock and unlock the doors 5 times using the internal switch on the door, then shut the door, and lock the car with the fob.

The interior sensors will then be disabled :)

You need to open the drivers door, then lock and unlock the doors 5 times using the internal switch on the door, then shut the door, and lock the car with the fob.

Thanks v.much, I cant imagine how you learned this !

Sorry for calling it a Spotcross , it was a typing error, honest!

WOW, sounds complicated. On my Mk1 GS, press the lock button on the remote once for all systems to arm, press lock again within 2 seconds and the interior detectors are disabled. The indicators do a quick flash for the 1st press, and a long flash on the second press to indicate that the sensors are off.

Could not find it in mine with the alarm sounding & the dog barking in a statley home car park so just left it open praying it was not a hotbed for car theft.

WOW, sounds complicated. On my Mk1 GS, press the lock button on the remote once for all systems to arm, press lock again within 2 seconds and the interior detectors are disabled. The indicators do a quick flash for the 1st press, and a long flash on the second press to indicate that the sensors are off.

Thank you, lots for me and the dog to try!

That's how it is for early IS models as well, later ones (which is what I assume the Sportscross is as it only came out after the facelift?) had the weird system with the double press for deadlocks and you could only disable the interior sensors from inside the car.

Btw, I was wrong earlier, just checked the manual, need to lock and unlock 3 times, not five :)

That's how it is for early IS models as well, later ones (which is what I assume the Sportscross is as it only came out after the facelift?) had the weird system with the double press for deadlocks and you could only disable the interior sensors from inside the car.

Oh well, just goes to show that sometimes progress doesn't necessarily mean improvement :(

u 100% sure about this??? on the earlier IS models u just pressed the lock button twice indicators flashed 5 times and internal sensor was disabled.

if u have to ***** about with the door locks thats a crap system

Yep that's how it works on my 2002 IS200 (although it's 3 times with the locks, not 5 times)

I think it must have been Lexus over-nannying kicking in again to prevent people accidentally hitting the button twice and removing the deadlocks and disabling the interior sensors. On mine you need to press once to lock, and twice to deadlock, so however many times you press the lock button it only locks the car...........

u 100% sure about this??? on the earlier IS models u just pressed the lock button twice indicators flashed 5 times and internal sensor was disabled.

if u have to ***** about with the door locks thats a crap system

My 2001 IS works just as you have described, press the lock button twice and the lights will flash five times

My 2001 IS works just as you have described, press the lock button twice and the lights will flash five times

Yep the switchover was in 2001 when they mildly facelifted the IS..........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links