Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speedo Sticking

hightone

Hello i have a slight problem with my altezza speedo keeps sticking it goes up ok but comes down very slow when i come to a stop it goes to zero any ideas to what is wrong, the mileage still ticks along worst luck ha ha every thing else seems ok on the dash board, As 200 Auto :crybaby:

Hello i have a slight problem with my altezza speedo keeps sticking it goes up ok but comes down very slow when i come to a stop it goes to zero any ideas to what is wrong, the mileage still ticks along worst luck ha ha every thing else seems ok on the dash board, As 200 Auto :crybaby:

WELL THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP?

does the speed ometer work through a cable or some kind of sensor ?

cheers.

this forum must be pritty quiet these days.

have a look at all the wires around your head unit for ones that arent properly taped up. i had this problom with another car 2 wires werent taped up correctly and cause the problom

WELL THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP?

I wouldn't have thought this kind of post would endear yourself towards anyone.

Maybe people didn't see your post. I know I didn't.

Maybe the majority don't know an answer? Of those that may possibly know, perhaps they haven't been on the boards for a while. Perhaps people are busy.

In answer to your question, which I have now seen - I do not know, sorry. Maybe someone will come along who does - but then maybe they might miss it - it happens. Nobody always gets or is absolutely entitled to an answer on here mate.

i looked at the topic but havnt got an idea whats up so no point in posting up that i havn't got a clue

Edit : Have you checked the connectors on the back of your clocks to make sure there pushed in properly?? maybe clean the cotacts on the clocks where they plug in as might not be making a good connection?

this forum must be pritty quiet these days.

have a look at all the wires around your head unit for ones that arent properly taped up. i had this problom with another car 2 wires werent taped up correctly and cause the problom

Where would i find the head unit thank you

cheers

HT.

Think he means the speedo cluster it's self

think theres 3 screws in the speedo suround you will need to remove and another 3 holding the cluster in place, once these are removed you will be able to lift the speedo out to check the wiring loom and plugs

Think he means the speedo cluster it's self

think theres 3 screws in the speedo suround you will need to remove and another 3 holding the cluster in place, once these are removed you will be able to lift the speedo out to check the wiring loom and plugs

Hi thank you will look i take it you mean on the dash board have noticed screws under the steering wheel where your feet go well legs go?

Cheers

HT. :crybaby:

where you have the speedo surround ( the funny goldie bit) there's 2 screw in the top of it I think, and 1 down below where the ignition key fits in around where your knee would be

once you've taken them out you should be able give it a bit of a pull and it'll come off

then there another 3 holding the cluster in you should be able to see all of these

• 2 weeks later...
where you have the speedo surround ( the funny goldie bit) there's 2 screw in the top of it I think, and 1 down below where the ignition key fits in around where your knee would be

once you've taken them out you should be able give it a bit of a pull and it'll come off

then there another 3 holding the cluster in you should be able to see all of these

Have done that all seemed ok took the plug off gave it a clean but still the same problem

cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links