Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tried This Wax , Make Your Mind Up !

Seems like I'm always on the lookout for the best wax to get the best shine on my Lex . This time I've tried colinite 476s and to be brutally honest its the nuts , easy to put on and just as easy to remove and shine , well , you make your own mind up .

I'd highly recommend it and its safe for clear coats too !!

Sweet. B)

post-22839-1208347325.jpg

post-22839-1208347349.jpg

post-22839-1208347381.jpg

post-22839-1208347413.jpg

post-22839-1208347444.jpg

All done by hand , I promise .

I will recommend this wax highly , yes I know the tin looks like something out of the 50s but honestly this stuff is outstanding , I'll stick with this now , I was gonna try Zymol till I checked the prices out :blink:

Regards

Paul.

PS I dont mind waxing and cleaning anyone's car , bring em round lads , its £150.00 a pop :lol:

PS I dont mind waxing and cleaning anyone's car , bring em round lads , its £150.00 a pop :lol:

gold discount? lol

i use to wax my cars, but the trees on my road are lethal :crybaby: they make short work of any hard work i do!

trees: give with one hand, take with the other!

Yes i can say that collinite 476 double coat wax is the nuts ive used it on mine and it really is that good..the tin is very old fashioned but it does the buisness...and it keeps beading every time you wash it...and mine was done 5months ago..its easy to put on and buff off...it will be the only wax i use from now on.. :hehe: :D

no probs on lighter colours at all - i did the bonnet on mine as a test and its fine BUT the wax will only enhance the preperation work underneath - dont expect to have crappy paintwork and the car to gleam if u use wax.

if the weather stays dry i might do my car later......

the problem with waxing a light coloured car (with or without metallic finish) is that if you don't use a wax specifically formulated for light colours, the actual metallic ping can be masked and slight nuances of the paint may occur.

something like collinite 875 insulator wax is ideal for lighter coloured paints, but if you don't wanna try that, a good glaze and sealant will offer top prtoection and a nice wet look.

mite sound like a stupid Q, but I wash my car every week, maybe fortnightly if the weather's crap, how often do you wax a car?

In theory you can wax as often as you want, but with Collinite waxes a good couple of coats (24 hours apart) will give about 4- 6 months protection. Then length of the protection is one of the reason I use Collinite.