Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pictures Of Your Wheels Please..

Recently landed myself an RS200 Z edition in mint condition, aside from some pretty tatty standard alloys.

Just been looking at www.pxwheels.com and reckon I'm gonna go for a refurb - just need to choose my colour.

I'm toying between anthracite, gun metal and gold..

302.jpg310.jpg311.jpg

or should I just play safe and stick with silver?

My car is silver (kinda oyster looking silver actually) with red calipers. In fact, here it is..

IMG_3736.jpg

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Please post pics of your alloys too.

I really need to get to a meet and see what people have got!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of a refurb as well. My rims have really messy edges

dscn4003fixrims0zk7.jpg

I just PSed the rims this way. I know another member has done it, but I'm not sure it looks good on a platinum ice car.

dscn4003fixrims1oq2.jpg

Had my 18" alloys (TTE) refurbished with matte black epoxycoating (for my winterwheels) and have to say it looks stunning in combination with plat ice and red calipers (had several people saying it looked perfect and standing out from all those plain silver wheels, even when the GS of a friend equipped with 19" chrome wheels standing beside of my sportcross :lol: )

Thanks for all the pictures guys - really helps.

I like black rims but only if there is some nice shiny chrome to go with it and preferably a bit of dish.

Silver is certainly the safe choice and I could always check out those Lextasy decals (thanks for the link).

I'm still thinking gold might work - scooby owners seem to love it!!

If anyone is handy with photoshop I'd love to see gold rims on plat ice body..

Ok, have gone right off gold having just seen this..

2d88_1.JPG

I reckon I'm gonna go for the silver and get some of those Lextasy black decals to try em out.

What sort of price should I be looking to pay for a local grease monkey to switch my wheels and tyres over? Just want a ball park figure in mind before I go to a few places.

Ok, have gone right off gold having just seen this..

2d88_1.JPG

I reckon I'm gonna go for the silver and get some of those Lextasy black decals to try em out.

What sort of price should I be looking to pay for a local grease monkey to switch my wheels and tyres over? Just want a ball park figure in mind before I go to a few places.

Just to let you know: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=49288

Here's another set for you on mine, only thing it's down to your choice and what you really fancy

Looking Nice Tuff but think Calipers in Red look better with Std Wheels IMO ?

D-Sleazy if you want wheels like Scorps I'd suggest taking that pic to a good refurb place... :whistling:

Hi DSleazy,

I reckon stay well away from the idea of getting them powder coated in gold, they won't look too good!!! The ones with middles painted black look really nice, infact i was a hare's breath away from buying a car with those on! I just recently bought myself some new rims. They are the Lenso Reizen 2 in black.

http://www.lensowheels.co.uk/p1012111.htm

Why don't you buy yourself some new 18's and sell your standard ones (you get about £200 for them cos thats what i got). Check these ones out:

http://www.rtecshop.com/?p=browse&category=1038

cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-Alloy-Wheels-Honda-CR-V-Lexus-IS200-Toyota-MR2_W0QQitemZ150236913638QQihZ005QQcategoryZ28648QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVi

tem

cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-Alloy-Wheels-Honda-CR-V-Lexus-IS200-Mitsubishi-FTO_W0QQitemZ150236913616QQihZ005QQcategoryZ28648QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVi

tem

I really like the first and second one's and was thinking of getting them.

Regards

Uffan