Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Radiator

Ross B

Hi my new lexus IS 200 that ive owned for less than a month has just died on me. The rad is a mess and is gushing water out all over the place. I have taken it out and it seems to me that the car has suffered a minor bang on the front. This may not be true but the rad infront which i presume is for the air con is bent and the fan casiing is snaped in places. I have had a look at the spark plugs and coil packs and it doesnt seem to have done any damage whilst overheating thankfuly and my old man says he doesnt think the head gasket has blown which is good.

I just woundered what rad it took on the front as its a toyota rad. Im really not happy and will be phoning the preveous owner but i really dont see where i stand as it was broght as seen but taking a radiator off to have a look at the back side is not really somthing u do whilst buying a car. Any info would be greatly appreceated.

Thanks, Ross

by the way i own the IS 200 S, (2000 Xreg) model but i think they are all the same under the bonet right?

Hi Ross

Sad news, its difficult to know a cars history when looking at it for an hour before buying it.

Im getting a new Rad fitted next week, it is a Toyota Rad and its costing me about £240...pretty expensive! I have seen them on eBay for cheaper (around the £130 mark).

I hope that you get this sorted and then start enjoying the car.

Aaron

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links