Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Busy Weekend Ahead - Car Detail

i'm pretty tired already, lol!!!

cars pre-rinsed, washed, dried, clayed, buffed....

now i'm wondering whether i should rinse it? or re-wash it? or just move onto the carlack?? any advise??

only going to scratch x some light scratches i've found....the clay bar has worked quite well with the swirls and with it being a white car, i''m not convinced scratch X'ing the whole thing by hand will be worth it....a random orbit will be the way forward for that i think....

you need to rinse the clay lube off.then get rid of most of the water with ablade if you have one,then nsc to entire car.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep. just rinsed it and used the sonus der wunder waffle weave to remove nearly all the water and a eurow buffing towel to get it completely dry.

onto the scratch X - decided to do it only where need (very light scratches)

then the carlack......

Non-painted ones.

thought that and went ahead.

car has now had the systematic care treatment and just needing the last panel to be buffed off. looks absoloutly stunning. got a real gloss to it!!

can the LLS be applied to plastic bumpers?? it sayd do not apply to any type of plastics??

Non-painted ones.

thought that and went ahead.

car has now had the systematic care treatment and just needing the last panel to be buffed off. looks absoloutly stunning. got a real gloss to it!!

can the LLS be applied to plastic bumpers?? it sayd do not apply to any type of plastics??

same as nsc as long as they are painted.did you get my pm earlier.

DONE!!!!

Time Taken: 6 hours (including putting it al away)

Result: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!

Great depth of colour, shine is awesome and the paint literally feels like polished glass!!

will get some pics up but i need to rest :lol:

@dgman, no mate, didn't get a pm :crybaby:

DONE!!!!

Time Taken: 6 hours (including putting it al away)

Result: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!

Great depth of colour, shine is awesome and the paint literally feels like polished glass!!

will get some pics up but i need to rest :lol:

@dgman, no mate, didn't get a pm :crybaby:

did the nsc take much dirt off the paint and did you carlack the wheels.

yep, did the wheels.

and i was seriously surprised how much more dirt the NSC took off!!!

the mica colours are amazing once the paint is clean,do you have to put another coat of lls on tomorrow and are you fully converted.

cheers chris. will get some pics up tomorrow mate

if anyone local to the midlands wants to have a go with these products, then ur more than welcome to borrow them and see for yourself what they are like.

you literally need about 20 ml of NSC and about 10 ml of LLS to do the entire car.

OK, on with the pics (no before shots taken, just those showing the fruits of my labour :) ):

Very overcast day so no real reflection shots possible, will try to get some tomorrow if whether is kinder..

P1010368a.jpg

P1010362a.jpg

P1010364a.jpg

P1010366a.jpg

P1010367.jpg

P1010365.jpg

P1010363.jpg

P1010361.jpg

P1010360.jpg

P1010370.jpg

P1010358a.jpg

P1010357-1.jpg

cheers

rob

lol, i'm just messing mate.

basically, cleaned excess dust off with an old rag and then set about cleaning the plastic covers etc with WD40. its the nuts and makes the plastic look brand spanker again!! easy to apply as well :D :D :D

looks good rob,you need some sun to do it justice and some serious sunglases.enough praise,now get out there and get the next coat of lls on to it.

morning mate, i'm nursing a sore head from last night/this morning, so will have to give it an hour or two and a bacon sarnie :lol: :lol:

cheers for the comments guys, it is sooo glossy looking i don't think all the pics capture that.

will hte added coat of LLS improve shine? i take it i dont need to wash the car again before applying it?? its not been driven just kept under car porch overnight so had no rain either....

@ian, cheers mate. would give a mint finish to urs too mate!! have you got 040 or 051 white??

looks good rob,you need some sun to do it justice and some serious sunglases.enough praise,now get out there and get the next coat of lls on to it.

morning mate, i'm nursing a sore head from last night/this morning, so will have to give it an hour or two and a bacon sarnie :lol: :lol:

cheers for the comments guys, it is sooo glossy looking i don't think all the pics capture that.

will hte added coat of LLS improve shine? i take it i dont need to wash the car again before applying it?? its not been driven just kept under car porch overnight so had no rain either....

@ian, cheers mate. would give a mint finish to urs too mate!! have you got 040 or 051 white??

yes it will improve gloss and protection,no need to wash.

040, Chamonix White, with added stone chips (I followed a gritter down the M6 the other night), road muck and a topping of brick dust and mud 'cos there's a building site next to my work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links